PDA

View Full Version : 5 Attempts Incorrect.... Interesting Question...

unlokia
22-09-2003, 01:52 PM
Hi everyone.... could someone please tell me whether or not DCT4 clips will unlock a handset that has had the five incorrect manual unlock codes entered via the keypad, as I have just purchased a DCT3/4 clip from a computer fair, and this would seem a logical solution. ALSO... if the clip DOES unlock it then, does it ALSO reset the unlock attempts counter.

Answers in simple, plain english please, because I don't relish the thought of decyphering some geeks ramblings - not that I wouldn't understand, it's just a matter of "why make life complicated".

I appreciate everything that we are all doing on this forum.... it has been a great source of both information, AND revenue (£)(£) :) for me, and as such I would like to extend my thanks. CHEEERSS!!!

rossy_boy69
22-09-2003, 02:56 PM
Hi everyone.... could someone please tell me whether or not DCT4 clips will unlock a handset that has had the five incorrect manual unlock codes entered via the keypad, as I have just purchased a DCT3/4 clip from a computer fair, and this would seem a logical solution. ALSO... if the clip DOES unlock it then, does it ALSO reset the unlock attempts counter.

Answers in simple, plain english please, because I don't relish the thought of decyphering some geeks ramblings - not that I wouldn't understand, it's just a matter of "why make life complicated".

I appreciate everything that we are all doing on this forum.... it has been a great source of both information, AND revenue (£)(£) :) for me, and as such I would like to extend my thanks. CHEEERSS!!!

I would think that it would unlock it but as to the counter reset im not sure on this, I think that the clips work like unlocking via mbus and software by re-writting the epprom similar to epprom tools. Let us know how you get on and if it does reset the counter :)

unlokia
22-09-2003, 09:25 PM
I would think that it would unlock it but as to the counter reset im not sure on this, I think that the clips work like unlocking via mbus and software by re-writting the epprom similar to epprom tools. Let us know how you get on and if it does reset the counter :)

A sensible answer from someone at last, for the very first time in this forum.. EVER... How can I thank you.... ur my buddy!!

rossy_boy69
27-09-2003, 09:41 AM
A sensible answer from someone at last, for the very first time in this forum.. EVER... How can I thank you.... ur my buddy!!

No problem unlokia :)

fugster
27-09-2003, 11:48 AM

Using the clip will unlock your phone but wil not reset the counter, this is set for the life of the phone