PDA

View Full Version : 3530 (3510i) destop charger

mosez
22-09-2003, 03:54 PM
I have a desktop charger model no. DCV-3310,

Input 3.7VDC, 355mA, made in china

Should it work with my 3530? I put it in there and the phone came up with a message about not charging, after the LED on the desktop charger blinked red and then green. The phone is ok, and it charges fine from the plugpack.

thanks.

James Watt
22-09-2003, 08:40 PM

Should it work with my 3530? I put it in there and the phone came up with a message about not charging, after the LED on the desktop charger blinked red and then green. The phone is ok, and it charges fine from the plugpack.

thanks.

Kia Ora mosez.

I have a 3510i and a Desktop Charger made in China. Input 4.5-12VDC, 400-800mA. It also has a spare battery charger, so will charge the BTW, phone and battery at the same time.

But I also had the same problem you described. However, I found if you docked the phone, then applied power, it charged properly.

The power supply I use to it, is not built-in. I use the Nokia ACP 7X.

What I suspect is the charger is compatible with the 3310 but may not be sufficiently high enough (voltage-wise) for the 3510/3530. Lithium-Ion batteries have a different charging characteristic from Nickel-Metal Hydride ones.

Try having the power to the charger OFF for a few minutes before docking and powering ON the charger. If you still have problems I'm afraid you'll have to change it for the correct one.

BTW! Have you measured the output voltage of it?

Regards from James Watt

James Watt
22-09-2003, 08:41 PM

thanks.

Kia Ora mosez.

I have a 3510i and a Desktop Charger made in China. Input 4.5-12VDC, 400-800mA. It also has a spare battery charger, so will charge the BTW, phone and battery at the same time.

But I also had the same problem you described. However, I found if you docked the phone, then applied power, it charged properly.

The power supply I use to it, is not built-in. I use the Nokia ACP 7X.

What I suspect is the charger is compatible with the 3310 but may not be sufficiently high enough (voltage-wise) for the 3510/3530. Lithium-Ion batteries have a different charging characteristic from Nickel-Metal Hydride ones.

Try having the power to the charger OFF for a few minutes before docking and powering ON the charger. If you still have problems I'm afraid you'll have to change it for the correct one.

BTW! Have you measured the output voltage of it?

Regards from James Watt