PDA

View Full Version : Help,3210 flash problem.

submasta
22-09-2003, 07:11 PM
Hi.
I flashed my 3210 some months ago;everything worked fine.
now as i wanted to try projectZ for 3210,
after flashing the phone just always shows contact service.
i tried everything, phone reset, full factory reset, FAID etc nothing works.
Not even with the original v5.36 nor another 5.36 backup!
it seems like dead:((
please if you know sth help me. i would appreciate that so much.

a-b-c ya

submasta

ZNOD
22-09-2003, 09:41 PM
Here Are Some Factors:

1. Have you tried killing the FAID and fixing the all the checksums of the flash file before flashing it to your phone?

2. If you are sure you already tried Factor number 1 then the best chance is to flash a 3210 virgin eeprom

* 3210 phones have an external virgin eeprom and you need a program named Ponyprog and also a 24c128 cable inorder to flash the virgin eeprom to your phone.

* You cannot use the usual flasher cable and a flasher programs like ROLIS, Knok.

* If you want, you can also get the schematic diagram/PCB layout of the cable (if you can assemble the cable).

submasta
23-09-2003, 02:04 PM
i didnt know about such stuff yet.
but if i cant flash the virgin eeprom with dejan flasherset, why was i then able to "flash it to death" with this method?

and: is it complicated to solder that cable, is it just cable or also other electronic stuff in it, and where to get the app for flashing, and the eeprom file (i have virgin eeproms but theres just some for 3310, 6210 etc)

Thank you anyways....

submasta

ZNOD
25-09-2003, 12:04 AM
It is NOT exactly that the virgin EEPROM was the one damaged. And Dejan Flasher could never touch a phone with an external eeprom because the pathway is different. (I'm using common terms here). It is highly suggested just to flash the external eeprom inorder to get most hassles out of the way.

You can inquire about a 24c128 cable from where you bought your cable if you don't want any soldering and assembling involved.

As I Said, you need a program called PonyProg, you really need to have that kind of cable, also it has a different re-routing system from the DEJAN cable, if only you could make, it will take much hassle of placing eeprom's on external phones.

3310, and 62xx have internal eeproms (meaning the virgin eeprom is included in the flash file and would be easier to place) and a DEJAN cable could be used but external eeproms cannot be.

Anyway, have you tried factor number 1 already?

natnat
25-09-2003, 10:26 AM
what SW did you use in flashing?

try another SW for flashing. and try to get virgin eeproms.

i dont know if it still exists in the downloads area of this site. i havent found the button lately. i think its gone. tsk..tsk...tsk...

chunkhead
26-09-2003, 12:47 AM
ALWAYS use Eeprom Tools to diagnose Contact Service! Use my "Contact Service" guide found here: http://nokiafree.org/forums/t31337/s.html

majster
27-09-2003, 03:35 PM
Write virgin eprom !! Use Nokia Sp :)