PDA

View Full Version : Need Restriction code for Nokia 6340i

hatecingular
22-09-2003, 09:51 PM
My IMEI is 010103501094403 and I switched from cingular to AT&T. Cingular will not give restriction code for GSM cell phone. This is not the PIN code or the PUCK code it is a different code altogether. Cingular says do not give out that phone can only be used with cingular service. Please help!! I entered a paying website that gave me two codes of #pw+712430447046232+1# and #pw+237105560523005+7# but these did not work. I fear the phone may be locked permanent.....please help!! I love my phone and do not want to buy a new one. Thanks to all

Nanda
23-09-2003, 08:51 AM
Hmmm... The 6340i is a GAIT phone - that means it's tri-mode GSM/TDMA/AMPS analog.

Which left me in doubt about where to move your thread - but in any case please post any restriction code request in the appropriate 'Unlock codes' section of our DCT4 forum.

I've moved your thread here so that someone can help you more quickly.

AFAIK, you need to enter 4 or 5 wrong codes before your phone is permanently locked, so please make sure you've got the right Cingular provider code for your are (or the area where the phone's originally been purchased/connected).

Cingular has LOTS of different codes. Make sure you've got the right one for your phone.

inderinderinder
23-09-2003, 10:29 AM
I believe the code to be:

#pw+483067511122567+1#

Only try it once...

hatecingular
23-09-2003, 04:27 PM
Hmmm... The 6340i is a GAIT phone - that means it's tri-mode GSM/TDMA/AMPS analog.

Which left me in doubt about where to move your thread - but in any case please post any restriction code request in the appropriate 'Unlock codes' section of our DCT4 forum.

I've moved your thread here so that someone can help you more quickly.

AFAIK, you need to enter 4 or 5 wrong codes before your phone is permanently locked, so please make sure you've got the right Cingular provider code for your are (or the area where the phone's originally been purchased/connected).

Cingular has LOTS of different codes. Make sure you've got the right one for your phone.

Thank you for the info! I purchased the phone from a Cingular store in Jacksonville Florida on the US east coast.

If I do enter the code five times incorrectly, is the phone no good at this point or is thee a way to still unlock and use it?

hatecingular
23-09-2003, 04:39 PM
I believe the code to be:

#pw+483067511122567+1#

Only try it once...

Your code seemed to work...I put in the code and the phone indicated phone restriction off, but the dial seemed to flash and then go back the screen that says enter restriction code again?

Should I have the sim card in or out of phone when entering the code?

inderinderinder
23-09-2003, 07:03 PM
That's odd... if it replied with 'phone restriction off' then it has been unlocked.... not sure, try another SIM

Nanda
23-09-2003, 10:08 PM
Should I have the sim card in or out of phone when entering the code?

The SIM must be out of the phone.

Please refer to the FAQ or this (DCT4 Unlock codes) section's Tips thread for information on how to unlock your phone.

BTW, it may not unlock properly because of the TDMA mode... De-restricting TDMA is trickier than GSM and you may need to visit a Nokia Service Centre.

As for getting the code wrong 5 times, the phone will continue working but only on Cingular... you'll need to cable-unlock the phone to have it de-restricted, and that can't be done in DCT4's with home equipment I'm afraid.

hatecingular
23-09-2003, 11:00 PM
The SIM must be out of the phone.

Please refer to the FAQ or this (DCT4 Unlock codes) section's Tips thread for information on how to unlock your phone.

BTW, it may not unlock properly because of the TDMA mode... De-restricting TDMA is trickier than GSM and you may need to visit a Nokia Service Centre.

As for getting the code wrong 5 times, the phone will continue working but only on Cingular... you'll need to cable-unlock the phone to have it de-restricted, and that can't be done in DCT4's with home equipment I'm afraid.

Nanda,

Thanks! The phone was originally set up for DSM in Florida and then DSM when I mover here to Texas in May 2003.

Who can cable unlock the phone?