PDA

View Full Version : WinXP Link to 3595 on COM Port

Judicator2K
22-09-2003, 11:39 PM
I have a 3595, and a FBUS/MBUS connection to my comp on COM2. OPM detects my phone, and it can read information from it, but there's problems. When I try to read the phone book, OPM will read ~10 entries, and then say that it can't read the phonebook. If I keep retrying, then eventually it will read that phonebook entry and several more, but it will get stuck again after reading about 10. It seems like communication is lost with the phone every X seconds. I'm running WinXP SP1. Is this a known issue to anyone?

diskonekted
26-09-2003, 10:37 PM
i have a "Nokia 3595, 3590, 3510 Data Cable (FBUS and M2BUS auto switch)" but i'm having difficulties connecting using the cable and OPM and MOBIMB. My phone is a 3595 and i'm using WinXP sp1.

Can anyone offer any suggestions? Do I have to modify the cable?

Judicator2K
26-09-2003, 10:46 PM
In case anyone else has this problem, here's what fixed it for me.

Go into your device manager ([Windows Key] + [Pause/Break] -> Hardware tab -> Device Manager), open up the com port properties, go to the resources tab, and change the IRQ to ANYTHING other than what it currently is. I changed mine to IRQ 7. I think this makes WinXP initiate the call directly to the BIOS and it might bypass some of the Hardware Abstraction Layer in Windows. I dunno though. That's just speculation. Anyway...it fixed it for me. It works fantastic now.

Taf
28-09-2003, 02:46 PM
Thanks Judicator2K.
Been haveing major trouble snice i installed a new powerpack.
Your tip worked a treat.
10x