PDA

View Full Version : Operator Logos and 3510i f/w ver 4.01

lundie
23-09-2003, 01:30 AM
Hi All,

I'm trying to load any logo to my phone, especially a blank logo. I'm trying this through a data cable, logomanager 1,3 and MobiMB; WAP and SMS from another phone.

The ringtone reaches my phone, and I can display it, but whenever I try and save it I get a "Saving Failed" error.

My 3510I currently has firmware 4.01. I have heard a few things about this firmware (such as the startup graphic problem which I have currently fallen foul of!) and I'm wondering if this is connected. Also the menu where you would normally enable the logo (6-4-3) doesn't have a name, just the two options, select and back.

Also while I am here, does anyone know of a way to turn off the date display on the standby screen as this is also affecting my wallpapers.

Many thanks in advance,
Lundie.

James Watt
24-09-2003, 09:31 AM
Hi All,

My 3510I currently has firmware 4.01.

Also while I am here, does anyone know of a way to turn off the date display on the standby screen as this is also affecting my wallpapers.

Many thanks in advance,
Lundie.

Hi Lundi.

I have a 3510i V04.01 also. But I use OPMII and ORM.

I'm afraid I cannot help you with your main problems, but, the Screen Saver Clock is also a battery saver.

You can select the maximum time of 60 minutes by :-

Menu/SettingsDisplay settings/Screen saver time out/Select/Other (Menu, 6, 4, 4)

It is not possible to alter this by "normal" means.

Regards from James Watt

lundie
24-09-2003, 12:41 PM
Hi James,

Thank you for your reply.

I eventually got both problems sorted. There is an entry to hide the date in Date and time settings, and I was able to use software to copy a image to the phone and set it as a blank logo.

Again, Thanks for your response.

Hi Lundi.

I have a 3510i V04.01 also. But I use OPMII and ORM.

I'm afraid I cannot help you with your main problems, but, the Screen Saver Clock is also a battery saver.

You can select the maximum time of 60 minutes by :-

Menu/SettingsDisplay settings/Screen saver time out/Select/Other (Menu, 6, 4, 4)

It is not possible to alter this by "normal" means.

Regards from James Watt

James Watt
24-09-2003, 09:43 PM
There is an entry to hide the date in Date and time settings,

Hi again lundie.

I'm glad you got sorted, but my "Hide Date" and "Hide Clock" settings still show the Clock when on "Screen Saver" so my Wallpaper image still gets overridden.
It only turns off the request to set time and date on start-up, if the battery has been removed for more than 30 seconds or so.

Ho hum, I'll live with it.

Regards from James Watt

lundie
24-09-2003, 10:33 PM
Hi James,

Unfortunately, I dont think that you can turn the screen saver off, though you can set it to come on after a maximum of 1 hour (60:00 mins.) which will give you more time with the wallpaper!

As far as I can see the hide date and time only refer to the ones on the standby screen.

I hope this helps

Rgds,
Lundie.

Hi again lundie.

I'm glad you got sorted, but my "Hide Date" and "Hide Clock" settings still show the Clock when on "Screen Saver" so my Wallpaper image still gets overridden.
It only turns off the request to set time and date on start-up, if the battery has been removed for more than 30 seconds or so.

Ho hum, I'll live with it.

Regards from James Watt

James Watt
24-09-2003, 10:57 PM
Hi again lundie.
I made an error in my last post, the request for date and time still comes up after the battery has been removed for 30 seconds or so.

But the Time And Date still show on screen whether I select "Hide" or "Show" so I'll live with it.

End of thread. lol

Regards from James Watt