PDA

View Full Version : Wont Connect

jameen
23-09-2003, 08:45 PM
Hey, ive just got a 7250i, and im using my friends Pop port USB cable thing, and ive tried using Oxygen phone manager, and mobimb, and neither of them even acknowledge that the phone is there. When i plug the fone into the cable, the computer makes that lil sound that tells you hardware has just been connected, but nothing else happens.

HOpe someone can help

Jameen

Thanh
26-09-2003, 12:07 PM
Hi there :)
When you use that USB cable (DKU-5) you need to install the driver, which came together with the cable!
This cable includes a USB/serial converter for which the driver is needed. Without driver the computer recognizes "some new hardware" but can't use it (the cable itself) hence also not detect a connected phone. You need to install this driver BEFORE Nokia's PC suite! Otherwise it won't work, too......
Just borrow that CD from your friend, too :)

Kind regards...
Thanh

7250i_user
29-09-2003, 01:44 PM
hey thanh underneath your name where u have i love aod....

i have registered user? can i change mine too?

Thanh
29-09-2003, 01:55 PM
Hi there :)
First of all, if you manage to change that to "I love Aod" i will come and kill you! Because you are not allowed to love my boyfriend :)

Hmm i think in the new forum software it is no more possible to change that, at least tha's what i have read somewhere, and the same goes for the avatars......... i haven't tested it tough, and i won't, because i love my avatar and the remark :)
In the older software of the forum everyone could change that by him/herself.......... you might ask an admin or NokDoc, who is the Super Moderator and certainly knows about it..?
I am myself not too sure.......

Kind regads.....
your Thanh

7250i_user
29-09-2003, 07:21 PM
ah i see so this is a completely new designed forum..

thanks for that thanh cuz its put my mind at rest by going crazy to change an avatar and comment :-\

thank you

gaz_samp
05-10-2003, 02:42 AM
i think, im not sure, but i think that after a certain amount of posts you can upload your own avatar. i read this somewere in the user thing. i think. i might have been dreaming tho!

7250i_user
05-10-2003, 10:09 PM
LMFAO i dnt know tho cuz i have seen people with like 3 posts and have their own avatar :(

but if your rght i will be 100 soon and maybe then i can :)