PDA

View Full Version : 6610-O2-UK - How do you change a phones IMEI Number?

solieri
24-09-2003, 04:33 PM
How do you change the IMEI number on mobile phones? if no one wants to post on the boardbut knows how to do it, please PM me,

Thanks

MobyProject
25-09-2003, 03:32 PM
How do you change the IMEI number on mobile phones? if no one wants to post on the boardbut knows how to do it, please PM me,

Thanks

There is software and hardware around that will allow you to change the IMEI on many phones. Nokia old models can be changed but the newer phones require component changing and re-programming. I should also say that there is a 5 year sentence waiting as its illegal in the UK

Paul

solieri
25-09-2003, 09:00 PM
what they dont know wont hurt them!!

Yotamz
25-09-2003, 10:11 PM
the problem is, that they may know, because your phone sends its imei to the network when you connect... but if you still want to do it, here is a short explanation how. (i haven't done it so i can't give you detailed instructions).

the imei of a dct4 phone is programmed on a chip called UEM chip, seperate from the flash chip. this chip is one-time-programmable, and its content can't be changed, so you have to replace it with a new blank one.
after you replace the chip you have to program a new imei to it, with an imei rebuilder.
the imei rebuilders i know about, connect to the phone like a clip, and when you press a button on it, it will program an imei (from an internal list of preset imei numbers) to that chip.

try a google search, sure this information is found somewhere...

cspatel3333
05-10-2003, 05:47 PM
how much does the software for the dct4 imei rebuilding software cost