PDA

View Full Version : Strange problem with sms

tipaz
24-09-2003, 08:14 PM
I received a combined sms (from 2 parts), in inbox appears senders name as usually, but when i opened it, there was MY OWN sms from outbox (that is also combined from two parts) ! And another strange thing, that now allways on the screen is unread sms symbol, even the inbox is empty. Anyone has some explanation?

P.S. phone is 3310 v6.07

Yotamz
24-09-2003, 10:47 PM
seems like a firmware bug in this version..

the unread message symbol appears because there is one unread message, but you don't have access to it (you get to the outbox instead) so it will always stay unread.

i would say that a factory reset can sort this out..but if possible, use the "normal" factory reset from the menu, and don't use the factory reset code.

ZNOD
24-09-2003, 11:39 PM
As far as I know, I never have any problems with the 3310 v6.07 firmware, the only thing that I can say is that, make sure that the flash you used to your phone is NOT altered in any way and is really the official release from Nokia. Also after flashing a new firmware to your phone, do NOT forget to set it to "Factory Defaults" and also the update FAID function. Also You may want to set the factory defaults using EEPROM Tools v3.1 by BPHREAKS (This software is designed for 51xx/61xx phones but also works on other DCT3 phones and most of the times can handle resets better than ROLIS)

natnat
25-09-2003, 10:38 AM
of course its not a bug!

the original v6.07 works fine. i think its another sms code like the old sms when sent to a 33XX series phone and you try to open it, your phone resets in 5 seconds. in other words, u cant read, forward, edit or even erase the sms message!

well maybe the old solution will work for you too. these sms codes only affect phones which support unicode. all you have to do is place your SIM card to a 3210 perhaps or a non-NOKIA phone and erase the message.

hope it helps. please post results.

and to anyone there who has the sms code, please send it to me!

tipaz
25-09-2003, 07:06 PM
all fixed, but mystery remains :) I reinserted sim, and then opened inbox, and there was that hidden sms part, that i can't see before, so i deleted it and unread sms symbol disapears. But also disapear that my own sms from outbox :(

ZNOD
29-09-2003, 11:30 PM
If you are the who upgraded your phone's firmware to v6.07, you should try obtaining a clean flash (this could be either reading a flash from another 3310 with v6.07 software, or downloading an unmodified 3310 v6.07 flash file) and flash it to your phone.

GeeZuZz
29-09-2003, 11:59 PM
Or get your hands on the latest version, 6.13.

natnat
30-09-2003, 04:52 AM
@geezuzz

post the link here man. i havent heard of it yet. is an original flash file or a modded one. thanks!

GeeZuZz
30-09-2003, 05:43 PM
It's original and brand new...

http://www.handycracker2k2.j2me-world.de/GFB_user/

login: gfbuser
pass: gsmfree

Its only PPM-j :(

tipaz
30-09-2003, 08:19 PM
It's original and brand new...

http://www.handycracker2k2.j2me-world.de/GFB_user/

login: gfbuser
pass: gsmfree

Its only PPM-j :(

thanx, 6.13 that's great, but where i can find ppm with L laguage pack?

P.S. i noticed another bug (?) in v6.07: menu 2-5-x-2 doesn't work, it shows that the form is deleted, but in real it is not.
P.P.S my 6.07 is clean and original.