PDA

View Full Version : Ucables Nokia TDMA Unlcoker

Shopping_Guide
27-07-2002, 07:33 PM
I accidentally deleted this file (670 kb; 2 files).
Can some1 send it to me? Coz i can't remember where i downloaded be4
mail me at [email protected]

TIA,
SG

erbio_cr
09-08-2002, 04:50 PM
if you buy the cable at Ucable, they should had gave you a login with a password. If they do that, tell, that way your error can be fix up.

ERBIO.

[email protected]

crackbob
09-08-2002, 04:54 PM
I have tested this and it works with a 5160, but not a 5165. Don't know what others. The password is ucables.com

BTW, if anyone has the ucables nokia tdma service software 2 (or a way to get it) please email me at [email protected] :) Thanks

10-08-2002, 11:52 PM
Crackbob ! I download attachment but I couldn't use it . There are 3 files. One said: " Invalid code you must register"...another one for TDMA ask for a password. I tried " ucable.com" but it didn't work. Can you help me out ?

crackbob
12-08-2002, 09:13 PM
run this file: ucables-nokia-tdma-unlocker.exe and the password is "ucables.com" not "ucable.com"

13-08-2002, 01:57 AM
I got it . I typed wrong , should be ucables.com
This software does do much thing. I tried to unlock 8260 but didn't work...thank you anyway

Shopping_Guide
15-08-2002, 12:08 PM
I've cracked it. Post your result here.

chuck
29-08-2002, 08:10 PM
it dont work for me. it says unable to open com port( win error 2) and EscapeCommFunction function failed(win error code 6). i have a nok 5160i and am using windows xp, tell me if need any more info, thanks.

ismael_mj23
01-09-2002, 10:09 PM
you're receiving that error becase you're comm port is already initialized by other software or you have your comm port another address assigned, for example if the unlocker is looking for comm port 1 (3f8) and your port its set to comm port 2 (2f8) it won't work, be sure that you have the available port the software needs.

Ismael

telecaster
26-09-2002, 04:07 AM
It tells me Error Unlocking.I have a F/M bus auto detect EBAY special....Tried on a 5160 and a 5120......

joel2600
22-10-2002, 02:35 PM
so i've got this nokia 5165 that has a soc lock on it and i want to get rid of it.

if you goto the NAM settings the second page where you can change the soc is completley hidden.

i've tried a few things so far, but nothing is really working.

i have an f-bus/m-bus cable for the phone.

i took the ucables unlocker from this post (unok) and attempted to use it on my phone. it seemed to work and the phone rebooted. once rebooted, all of the nam info was set back to 0 and the phone number was changed to like 0005196369 or something like that.....

the operator tag had been displaying suncom before that, and after running that program, the tag displays 'home system'

in the nam settings, the soc page is still hidden. i assumed it had gotten changed, but after trying to change the sid to get the phone to at least say roam or something else, nothing was happening still.

i'm just assuming that the program wrote over the alpha tag, and erased a few of the nam settings.

i need to get some better software to use with this phone.

any thoughts on this?

telecaster
22-10-2002, 10:20 PM
Originally posted by telecaster
It tells me Error Unlocking.I have a F/M bus auto detect EBAY special....Tried on a 5160 and a 5120......

green gerbil
23-10-2002, 05:01 AM
Joel2600:

You basically reset the phone and the IRDB but you didnt change the SOC lock. What you need to do is set soc and programming to unlocked and check Write locks and then hit do tasks. It should work. It has worked back and forth for all of my phones. When it says home system it means there is no alpha tag set to override home system in the IRDB.

phonedudes
23-10-2002, 06:08 AM
@joel2600:

Try the things 'Green Gerbil' suggested if it still does not work post the software version of the phone.. By entering *#9999#.
It probably is going to be 6.06, 6.07 or 6.08

In our experience the ucables prog works ok most of the time on older version software but on newer it either screws the phone up (not permanently) or just doesnt work.

Regards,
PHONEDUDES :) :grin: :)

phonedudes
23-10-2002, 06:29 AM
@joel2600:

Try the things 'Green Gerbil' suggested if it still does not work post the software version of the phone.. By entering *#9999#.
Most likely will be something likev6.06, 6.07 or 6.08

In our experience the ucables prog works ok most of the time on older version software but on newer tri-mode model software it either screws it up (not permanently) or just doesnt work.

Regards,
PHONEDUDES :) :grin: :)

joel2600
23-10-2002, 03:18 PM
wow guys, thanks for all the input i appreciate it.

sovtware version 7.00
06-06-01
NSW-1

i would like to try the things that you are talking about, however i don't think i have the software that you guys are talking about.

i just used the ucables software (unok) that was actually the file attached somewhere near the top of this thread. this program basically has just a single button that says 'unlock'.

i'm guessing that the ucables software that you guys are referring to is the ucables nokia service software aka nokiasoc2. which i haven't been able to find a copy of just yet. also, i hear you need a pkd1 dongle to use that software, which i am working on getting. (unless of course there is a cracked version??)

if anyone has any suggestions about other programs i can use to defeat this soc lock, it would be appreciated. or if anyone feels like helping me obtain the software i need, please contact me. (if you need to trade, i may have something to offer, we'll see)

thanks for all your help guys.

joel2600
24-10-2002, 06:01 PM
can someone tell me if i am right about what i said in that last post. thanks.

joel2600
28-10-2002, 01:13 AM
just because i'm still in college and don't officially work for a cellphone manufacturer/retailer/repair shop, it shouldn't be a crime for me to want to learn.

i'm suprised that nobody would even respond to tell me if i was right or not.

green gerbil
28-10-2002, 06:24 PM
no, the thing with one button is lame and I dont even know if it works on anything. The nokia soc without eeprom read/write is easy to find and is everywhere. I have atatched hit here so you dont have to look. And no response was most likely on the part of laziness or overlooking the thread not on whether you work anywhere.

joel2600
28-10-2002, 08:00 PM
thanks for the help gerbil. i've been searching everywhere trying to find this, and for some reason everyone keeps telling me it's widely available, but i couldn't seem to find it no matter how hard i looked or asked.

here are some other nokia files i'd like to share as well. http://www.uwwwb.com/files/Nokia/

thanks again.

jibril_s
19-11-2002, 06:53 PM
green gerbill:

how do I set the IRDB in the phone to a specific carrier after Ive used nokiasoc and the phone now says home system.

green gerbil
20-11-2002, 12:48 AM
you edit irdb in wintesla. you can rename or change home/favored system and things like that in there.

jibril_s
20-11-2002, 01:56 PM
green gerbill
do you have the nsw-1 file i need to even read my 5165 in wintesla.

green gerbil
21-11-2002, 03:32 AM
wintesla 2000 has it.

jibril_s
21-11-2002, 04:50 PM
Why is it in another language ir should I say how can I get it into english. The menu's are in english but that's all

green gerbil
22-11-2002, 03:58 PM
Its basically stuck in portugese or spanish. I havn't been able to change the language on it but I'm sure someone can. In the mean time, just figure it out. use http://babelfish.altavista.com/ to translate and use the help files which are in english.

shadowdancer
12-12-2002, 07:49 PM
Please help, which software do I use to unlock these versions and how. Thanks

P.S i'm currently using nokiasoc2