PDA

View Full Version : help me with my nokia 3650

klara_03
26-09-2003, 01:20 PM
I have tried a number of codes given to me by a phone shop, none of these codes work! I have been told that the software in my phone is so new that it needs the most updated unlocking software! can any genius help me with this problem?
My IMEI is: 351467103874042 and is currently on vodafone
I would really appreciate any help.
Thanks

Yotamz
26-09-2003, 01:24 PM
#pw+389876112760474+7#

you ddin't say which country, so i calculated the code with Vodafone UK network code.

if you are not in the UK, post your country - and don't use this code.

p.s.
how many codes did you already enter? you only have 5 tries.

klara_03
27-09-2003, 10:19 PM
Hi

Thankyou for you reply, Yes I would definately have used more than five codes but apparently it doesnt matter? I am currently in the uk, but it does say on the box that the phone is made in Finland so I dont know if that has something to do with it? this phone really doesnt want to be unlocked!

#pw+389876112760474+7#

you ddin't say which country, so i calculated the code with Vodafone UK network code.

if you are not in the UK, post your country - and don't use this code.

p.s.
how many codes did you already enter? you only have 5 tries.

Yotamz
28-09-2003, 06:54 PM
it doesn't matter where the phone was made, but which network it is locked to (in this case - vodafone uk).

but i must ask this, are you sure the phone is locked? have you tried with another simcard?

klara_03
29-09-2003, 12:58 PM
it doesn't matter where the phone was made, but which network it is locked to (in this case - vodafone uk).

but i must ask this, are you sure the phone is locked? have you tried with another simcard?

Yes Ive tried an orange and o2 sim card in the phone and it just says sim card rejected! Its definately locked.
Ive been to two shops to try and unlock it but no luck in either. do you think there could be a problem with the phone? although it does work fine on vodafone (its original network).

Yotamz
29-09-2003, 04:48 PM
i think the phone is not locked...

if it was locked, when you insert the o2 or orange simcards you would get "Phone restricted", and then you would be asked to enter a restriction code.

"sim card rejected" can be displayed when the sim is blocked (more than 10 wrong puk codes entered), or very old.
old simcards are different in their type, and they will not work with new models.

anyway, i would say the phone is not locked..