PDA

View Full Version : Camera for 7210

fernandr
26-09-2003, 01:44 PM
Are there any decent cameras for 7210 that can take pics in dark? I've got the HS-1C...buut quality in dark is poor.

Thanks a mil
F

wayneg
26-09-2003, 03:30 PM
i hate my camera so never use it. as i have a digital camera i just use my data cable and put what pictures i want on

fernandr
26-09-2003, 03:33 PM
good point! quality on Nokia Camera is not the greatest...unless used in bright light!!

Will probably stick to separate digital camera!
cheers

Thanh
29-09-2003, 11:32 AM
Hi there :)

@ wayneg
get rid of what you hate...... if you don't use it anyway, could you send that camera to me? Because i want one but can't afford it :..(

Kind regards...
Thanh

7250i_user
29-09-2003, 01:39 PM
hehe good point thanh

but i also hate my camera for the 7250i but how can i send it to you? coz i love the phone just hate the camera :P

i want a camera that can zoom in and out on its shot and not the picture!!!!!

Thanh
29-09-2003, 01:46 PM
Well, i have a good advise for you then :)

Get one of those flip-crap-brech-(censored)-flimsy Samsung phones with their 65k screen, 12 minute battery time and sooooo excellent camera, and be sooooo happy with that one :)

And because you are sooooo happy, you will immediately send me your 7250i, because otherwise you may need to throw it in the garbage bin......
Once i received it, i will then give it to my boyfriend who likes the photo-caller-id ability and the xhtml-browser, and i will take his 7250 (which is at a pawn shop at the moment because we are sooooo rich people here in Bangkok) and eventually use that instead of my 6610, which i might sell (uh-oh) once an equivalent CDMA-model becomes available here in Bangkok............

Want my adress..? PM me :)

Kind regards....
you Thanh

7250i_user
29-09-2003, 07:19 PM
LAUGHING MY A** OFF

hehehehe ummm i think i'll stick to the nokia thanks thanh ;)

Thanh
30-09-2003, 11:35 AM
@fernandr

To be serious again.... there is a solution for you, but not sdure if it's already available in your area... be a bit patient, it will come :)

It is called a "Fun Camera" and represents a stand-alone digital camera WITH FLASH and thus able to take pictures in the dark. I don't know why Nokia made it at all, because it is a stand alone (own display, own batteries) yet no way to connect it to a computer - but to a Pop-Port phone! So getting pics which you took to the net requires you to connect the phone to the cam, download them to the phone memory and then cnnect the phone to the computer and download them to the HDD... pretty difficult, isn't it? And certainly boosts Nokia's sales record for those crazy expensive DKU-5 cables, which you then will NEED to get that working. Also i don't expect the cam to be cheap, either..... well, have a look at it here:

http://www.nokia.com/nokia/0,,33293,00.html

BTW anyone else want to get rid of some Nokia..? I'll take them all :)

Kind regards....
your Thanh

7250i_user
01-10-2003, 12:27 AM
heh looks kinda neat but nokia producing stand alone cameras??? pffff

but anyone know the price on these things....if they are cheap enough they gotta be worth a shot...

then again maybe not :)

Thanh
01-10-2003, 09:22 AM
Hello again :)
I was googling a bit, and since you're in UK, i give you a link to check out:

http://www.directmobileaccessories.co.uk/product_info.php?products_id=660

It's in UK, too, and the fun camera seems to be available for 68.90 british pounds....... umm how much is that in dollars..?

For sure here in Thailand it is yet NOT available :)

Well, found another... also UK, this even cheaper... 55.95 pounds :)

http://www.mobilefun.co.uk/product/2007.htm

Hope this was of help.......

Kind regards.....
your Thanh

7250i_user
01-10-2003, 11:37 PM
wow thats not cheap for a camera lol

£55.95 = $93.36 or is that cheap for you?

seems pretty hefty price for a company that is known for making mobile phones LOL :lol:

Thanh
02-10-2003, 10:56 AM
Hello :)

It seems Nokia makes it now like all the manufacturers of inkjet printers - sell 'em cheap and make money out of the ink! Two cartridges for a deskjet cost slightly more than the brand new printer, which comes out of the factory with only half full cartridges........ but don't we all know that practise..?

93.36 us$ is 3.734 thai Baht.... so i guess the thing will cost 3.490 when it comes available here, or more likely, 3.990 at first and drop to 3.490 after a month. To compare, for a (then also needed!) DKU-5 original cable from Nokia you pay now 3.690, down from 3.990 (surprise?) a month ago....... and a brand new, unlocked 3315 phone is available for 3.490....... a 2100 is 4.900, and a 8210 (old model, but brand new phone!) 3.990, you may bargain that down to maybe 3.500 because it's in the MBK stalls, not at Nokia dealerships.

So here too, cheap phones, and the accessories, should you be crazy enough to want them, rip you off..... just for info, the 3100 which is advertised together with that camera, is now already available at MBK (Nokia itself didn't bother yet) for just 7.500, bargaining a few hundred always possible. And the same or even more again for the cam and the then absolutely needed cable?? Not for me, sir, sorry..... i stick with my cam-less 6610 then, better, and wait till someone in UK sends me his (flashless!) cam :)

Kind regards....
your Thanh

7250i_user
02-10-2003, 07:00 PM
i agree 100% with ya thanh, but im just hoping that this someone from the uk who is gonna send u a nokia camera phone isnt me :-o

hehe :)