PDA

View Full Version : How to send Long sms messages

jc_armor
26-09-2003, 04:29 PM
Hi! I have a program that send an sms message. My problem is how do i send an sms message with a length greater than 160? I understand that there should be "concatenation" of the message, but how? Any help would be appreciated.

jps46
01-10-2003, 09:43 PM
Hi, Iīm Juam Pablo. In the NOKIA web page, you wil find a software, "SDK 3.0", it consist on some lybraries for VB5, besides a pdf where you can find some examples about SMS sending/reciving. One of that examples explain how to send concatenated SMS.

Here, in Argentina, we have TDMA or CDMA networks (NO GSM). So I couldnīt try those examples! Mybe you can try and tell me if those examples works properly, then i would try to change the code to send/recive SMS over TDMA networks!

Please, contact me for more information: [email protected] (mailto:[email protected])

Hi! I have a program that send an sms message. My problem is how do i send an sms message with a length greater than 160? I understand that there should be "concatenation" of the message, but how? Any help would be appreciated.

jc_armor
02-10-2003, 03:24 PM
I already have an application that can send and receive sms message without an SDK. What i want is an example data packet in sending long sms message. Anyway, thanks for the reply

jps46
03-10-2003, 01:13 AM
Hi, jc_amor, Are you working on TDMA or GSM networks?

Please, if you are working over TDMA or CDMA networks, please, could you explain me how to send SMS without SDK?

Thanks in advance

Juan Pablo: [email protected] (mailto:[email protected])

I already have an application that can send and receive sms message without an SDK. What i want is an example data packet in sending long sms message. Anyway, thanks for the reply

jc_armor
06-10-2003, 12:31 PM
I use 3310 for my application, i don't know if it would work on other phones.

sandipsurale
29-12-2004, 06:07 AM
wants vb program for send receive sms to /from nokia 3310 with FBUS or MBUS will u please send it to me.Good Luck 2 u for further success.
[email protected]