PDA

View Full Version : Please help!!!! I just unlock my phone, but I found problem when making a call.

appledaily
27-09-2003, 03:26 AM
Hi,

I just unlock my fido 7210 using DCT-4 Calculator by MyKe. I tried to punch in the code and I got the message "Restriction Off". But then, I tried the insert a SIM card from another network, Rogers. When I turn on the phone, everything seems fine. But one weird thing is that when I use the Rogers SIM card, I still see the FIDO logo when I first turn on the phone. I tried to make a call, I keep getting the message "System Busy". (Before I unlock the phone, I got the message "Phone restricted" instead) Anyone knows why it happens? There are 7 different codes generate by the calculator. I tried 5 of them already. I got "Phone is not Restricted" for the last 4 times and I cannot punch in any more codes now. Please help!

Thank you!

browntoa
27-09-2003, 09:20 AM
sounds like the phone is blocked on the other network, did you buy the phone second hand ?

appledaily
27-09-2003, 11:18 AM
sounds like the phone is blocked on the other network, did you buy the phone second hand ?
no ... it's a brand new phone. i just tried to use bWinLock V1.0.8 to unlock it... it fails and i got an error "Unable to read phone version!"

what shall I do ????

browntoa
27-09-2003, 01:20 PM
no ... it's a brand new phone. i just tried to use bWinLock V1.0.8 to unlock it... it fails and i got an error "Unable to read phone version!"

what shall I do ????

what sort of lead are you using? the one that came with the phone ?