PDA

View Full Version : N6100 can not switch on..just "blink"

kutija
27-09-2003, 09:39 AM
well..
when i press a switch, nokia just power on for a second..and power off..
it does not respond to griffin flasher so i can't flash the mobile phone..
any idea??

sorry for bad english :)

Thanh
30-09-2003, 01:58 PM
Hi there :)
It might sound stupid, but is your battery flat? I get this response (just a short flickering of the lights) when i try to power on my 6610 when the battery is dead flat.
Connect a charger and look at the display. Does it charge? If so, try to power it on while it charges (bars moving). If it powers up, disconnect the charger and see what happens. Does it immediately switch off..? Then the battery is screwed.
As long as the phone responds to the power switch, it should be possible to flash it. Try another (cheap) flasher.

Good luck......
your Thanh

dumpvalve212
08-10-2003, 09:02 PM
hi, i had the same problem with my first nokia 6100. im sorry to tell you this but its 99% chance you wont be able to get it fixed!!

my one needed re-flashing cos it was doing the same, i had it flashed with griffin box etc etc and it was flashing the phone but the problem was still the same,

i took mine to a mobile phone repair shop. it turned out that one of the tracks in the phone was damaged, he tried to solder it back on but unsuccessfull.

the only advice i can give you is the advice i got......

find out where your local nokia repair service centre is, give them a call and arrange for it to be repaired, it only costs you the postage costs, if the phone is un able to be fixed then they will just send a new handset,

PLEASE NOTE YOU CAN ONLY DO THIS IF YOU HAVE HAD YOUR PHONE FOR LESS THAT A YEAR BECAUSE IT IS COVERED BY NOKIA GUARANTEE FOR 12 MONTHS ONLY.

hope this helps you!! it was unable to help me because my handset was over 12months old.

Unique
08-10-2003, 09:25 PM
12 MONTHS ONLY

14 months =)

John

James Watt
08-10-2003, 10:21 PM
14 months =)

John

In the Nokia Limited Manufacturer's Warranty for part of Europe and Africa Region, it is only 12 months from the purchase date.

Nokia Page reference 9359974/02 Section 2

Perhaps other regions differ?

Regards from James Watt (UK)

Unique
08-10-2003, 10:34 PM
In the Nokia Limited Manufacturer's Warranty for part of Europe and Africa Region, it is only 12 months from the purchase date.

Nokia Page reference 9359974/02 Section 2

Perhaps other regions differ?

Regards from James Watt (UK)

If you check a new IMEi on www.clubnokia.co.uk, you will find that you have 14 - 15 months... for example...

http://www.uniquephones.com/upload/upload/n3warranty.JPG

Thats my imei...

John