PDA

View Full Version : bWinLock - Unable to read phone version!

appledaily
27-09-2003, 10:54 AM
Hi, I am trying to use bWinLock to unlock my fido 7210. My OS is XP, I just installed bWinLock by following the "readme.txt". When I clicke on the "Magnif. glass button", I got the message "Unable to read phone version". Please help!

Thanks!

rossy_boy69
27-09-2003, 11:17 AM
Hi, I am trying to use bWinLock to unlock my fido 7210. My OS is XP, I just installed bWinLock by following the "readme.txt". When I clicke on the "Magnif. glass button", I got the message "Unable to read phone version". Please help!

Thanks!

try using epprom tools for dct 4 you can get it here http://www.b-phreaks.co.uk/downloads/EepromTools.zip hope this helps

or if you havent tried unlock codes yet post you imei, country and service provider here and i will give you unlock code :) this option alot easier

appledaily
27-09-2003, 11:22 AM
try using epprom tools for dct 4 you can get it here http://www.b-phreaks.co.uk/downloads/EepromTools.zip hope this helps

or if you havent tried unlock codes yet post you imei, country and service provider here and i will give you unlock code :) this option alot easier

I have tried eeprom too.. i got an error "phone not connect" ...
I tried to remote unlock my phone using unlock code. I tried 5 times already ... the phone is "somehow" unlocked .. but I when I tried to use a SIM card from another network, I couldn't make a call :(

i am using a 7210 from fido (canada) .. i read from other post that the phone can't be unlock remotely...

rossy_boy69
27-09-2003, 11:23 AM
I tried to remote unlock my phone using unlock code. I tried 5 times already ... the phone is "somehow" unlocked .. but I when I tried to use a SIM card from another network, I couldn't make a call :(

it sounds like the phone is blocked (its stolen, or for some reason has been blocked)

appledaily
27-09-2003, 11:24 AM

i am using a 7210 from fido (canada) .. i read from other post that the phone can't be unlock remotely...

it's a first hand phone. i got it a few months ago from fido. as i will be going to hk next wk, i would like to unlock my phone before i leave

rossy_boy69
27-09-2003, 11:26 AM
it's a first hand phone. i got it a few months ago from fido. as i will be going to hk next wk, i would like to unlock my phone before i leave

O.k. then what type of cable do you have is it mbus or fbus?

rossy_boy69
27-09-2003, 11:27 AM
are you using userport?

appledaily
27-09-2003, 11:33 AM
O.k. then what type of cable do you have is it mbus or fbus?

actually i don't know what's the difference between mbus or fbus...
it's a serial cable and i when i connect my phone with the "MobiMB Mobile Media Browser" , i use fbus connect and it works

appledaily
27-09-2003, 11:34 AM
are you using userport?
userport ? what is it?

rossy_boy69
27-09-2003, 11:40 AM
userport ? what is it?

ok thats cool sounds like you have a dual cable and userport is a program to change the output settings of you comports ect. but im not sure you need that i would have thought people programming these programs would now have XP support, the only thing i can think off is that there isnt enough power coming through your com port to power it sometimes i had this problem and sometimes i didnt seems to work 1 minute not the next.

Have you tried DCT4 Tools yet?