PDA

View Full Version : 8310

adamzworld
27-09-2003, 03:37 PM
I have a 8310 which I was given a while ago, because it was faulty. I have two sim cards, one Vodafone, one Orange. When I put the Orange card in I can access my phonebook, but the reception bar shows no reception and I can't make calls. When I put the Vodafone card in I can send and receive texts, but don't seem to be able to make calls. Does this mean it's been blocked. If it has been I'm surprised I can still use the texting feature with the Vodafone sim.

Any advice would be gratly appreciated.

marky752000
27-09-2003, 03:47 PM
Yes it's blacklisted,

As for the voda sim being able to send texts - it just one of those thing which vodafone probably never thought of or could find a way to stop.

Best Regards

Mark

P.s. You should have really posted this in the DCT4 section.

adamzworld
27-09-2003, 03:52 PM
Cheers mate,

Thought it probably would be. Changing IMEI seems to be very expensive at the moment, so I guess I'll keep hold of the phone for spares, as I doubt it's worth much as it is, in it's current state.

fixmup
09-10-2003, 05:54 PM
I have a 8310 which I was given a while ago, because it was faulty. I have two sim cards, one Vodafone, one Orange. When I put the Orange card in I can access my phonebook, but the reception bar shows no reception and I can't make calls. When I put the Vodafone card in I can send and receive texts, but don't seem to be able to make calls. Does this mean it's been blocked. If it has been I'm surprised I can still use the texting feature with the Vodafone sim.

Any advice would be gratly appreciated.
Another piece of advice b4 ya go trying to change imei's-Have you reflowed the p.a.? Access a schematic and find out where it is and give it a flow.You didn't mention if when the phone has booted up that the screen says anything at all or just comes up with no reception at all.I have noticed that these little phones can get a lot that goes wrong in the Tx and Rx departments.In Australia, you are notified on the screen if the phone has been blocked,so if this is not the case where you are from I could be wrong,however check with someone who knows,as a blocked phone is usually a blocked phone, and will not operate at any stage with a sim card,so sms should be impossible.Imay be totally on the wrong track,but ihave repaired a few 8310 's that are blocked and some that have reception drama's and this sounds like possible reception probs. I am keen to know the whole story of what the phone does ,so feel free to let me know and I will do my homework on how you may be able to fix it!! ;)