PDA

View Full Version : can we get the call duration while talking in 3310?

gsmsikar
27-09-2003, 11:53 PM
hi friends

i am getting this question from some of my friends,
can we get the call duration while talking in 3310?, as we can get it in other phones..

we can get the duration after the talking is finished in 3310 but not in the middle of the conversation...

some peoples are expert in flash modding, can they help me?

please reply///....

thanks

bobl
28-09-2003, 10:59 AM
Hmmm...Seems to me very possible, writing the thing to the screen would probably be the hardest bit! :P

But I don't have a 3310 :(

Yeh, possible but somebody has to spend their time on it. I'm working on my own mod at the moment, so sorry...

Bob

BOEBOE
28-09-2003, 11:49 AM
@ bobl,

What mod are U working on?

bobl
28-09-2003, 02:08 PM
@Boeboe

I'm working on it with Jeep, it's nothing incredibly amazing, but in my opinion it's a fairly useful mod / basemod.

Cheers :)

Bob

logyan7
28-09-2003, 06:18 PM
@Boeboe

I'm working on it with Jeep, it's nothing incredibly amazing, but in my opinion it's a fairly useful mod / basemod.

Cheers :)

Bob
----------------------------------------------------------------------
try to get help from znod, lyle or michael silva(winxp project)

bobl
28-09-2003, 09:26 PM
Without wanting to sound arrogant, what suggestion did I give we wanted help? :)

Many hands make light work, but too many cooks spoil the broth. In this case the later holds true, since both jeep and I aren't online much w/ personal commitments, we're able to work independantly. With a team, work is normaly heavily dependant on someone else...

Thanks for the suggestions guys, but I think we wanna work through this slowly :)

And of course when we get stuck we'll come running to Nfree :)

Cheers

Bob

kraze1984
06-10-2003, 01:20 PM
@gsmsikar

See my threed http://nokiafree.org/forums/showpost.php?p=208501&postcount=4

Also, you want to see the call duration directly on the screen,
you should press six buttons
"C" "Big Blue Button" "UP" "BBB" "UP" "BBB".

kiranrss
07-10-2003, 12:20 AM
hi friends

can we get the call duration while talking in 3310?, as we can get it in other phones..

we can get the duration after the talking is finished in 3310 but not in the middle of the conversation...

please reply///....

thanks
Hey,

The most simple thing your friend could do to view the call timer is to do the following Go into Menu>Call Register>Call Duration>Last Call.
This clock runs continuosly when u r on the call. of course he will have to remove the key tones

kiran

bobl
07-10-2003, 09:49 AM
Hey,
The most simple thing your friend could do to view the call timer is to do the following Go into Menu>Call Register>Call Duration>Last Call.
This clock runs continuosly when u r on the call. of course he will have to remove the key tones
kiran

True kiran, but:

I believe he wants an onscreen clock to tell how long the call has been going for. But as you said there is already a function for recording the length of the call, simply a case of reading the memory and dumping to the screen.

"Simply"

Bob :D

wumpus
07-10-2003, 06:29 PM
Well, the writing to the screen part is easy, but finding the counter sounds like a lot of work.

belabs
02-01-2004, 07:35 PM
hi friends

please reply///....

thanks

for now here's what U can do...
while on a call... press OPTIONS(from my 5210) or arrow down for 33xx i think
then go to menu, call register and then call duration...

maybe there will be a shortkey in the future

gsmsikar
03-01-2004, 11:44 AM
thanks to all for replying...

as until now i didnt get what i needed, but got some extra helps...
then can i get a 50 second beep while talking like the 60 second beep , as i dont know how to change the flash...in a 3310,3315,3610,2100///

thanks

gsmsikar

NokDoc
03-01-2004, 12:08 PM
Hi,

Sorry to ask without trying it myself, but...

Is that specific counter running while U are calling?

NokDoc

gsmsikar
03-01-2004, 01:48 PM
hi sir,
about which counter u r asking, ?

NokDoc
03-01-2004, 01:56 PM
Hi,

This one.

>> while on a call... press OPTIONS(from my 5210) or arrow down for 33xx i think then go to menu, call register and then call duration...

I think it won't be hard tracing this specific ram location.

Understanding the Nokia timing system is some more complex.

So, now, when we could use a value that is already there, I suggest it won't be so hard to make.

NokDoc

gsmsikar
03-01-2004, 02:11 PM
sir,

when we press the arrow down key on 3310/3315 we cant get the menu option there, so it is not possible to go to call register , and in 2100/3610 we can enter the call register option and see the call duration while talking...

thanks

yak
03-01-2004, 07:19 PM
I was thinking about this patch some time ago. I have disassembled the minutebeep patch and it seems it patches some function that can give us the actual call duration. So it seems that we simply need to put it on screen. There is a function to display text in specified zone. We could use the zone used to display the menu values under the menu items. I think there's nothing in this zone during the call.... I could write it but I'm very busy lately. As soon as I will find some time I'll take a closer look at it.

Cheers

gsmsikar
05-01-2004, 09:34 PM
hi

http://nokiafree.org/forums/showthread.php?t=43018
there i have seen a 50 second beep file , did anyone use that?

thanks

gsmsikar
06-01-2004, 02:32 PM
hi
i did tried to use that 50second beep file from that thread but when i flash the file with that 50second beep, i get Contact Service every time i flash , what to do..., and can someone tell me how to Check the checksum of that flash made by me.. using 50sec beep.gsc as i think that the flash made by me is not good...

so please help me cure that fault..

thanks
please reply...