PDA

View Full Version : a Little question?

lokito
28-09-2003, 01:53 AM
hi!
im an argentinian and i want to ask you about esn changing because i ve seen that a lot of phones have IMEI, this have 15 digits but i wanted it change Esn, my question is Why? if the IMEI and ESN is the same thing? because ESn have 11 digits and IMEI have 15 digits (in my cell phone i don't see the IMEI), My Cell phone is Nokia 5120.
i want download the eprom to the cell phone to a .bin file.
Can I do this with cable mbus/fbus? What software do you think is the best free soft. I give appologies for my`poor english!
Thank you

wumpus
28-09-2003, 03:04 PM
hi!
im an argentinian and i want to ask you about esn changing because i ve seen that a lot of phones have IMEI, this have 15 digits but i wanted it change Esn, my question is Why? if the IMEI and ESN is the same thing? because ESn have 11 digits and IMEI have 15 digits (in my cell phone i don't see the IMEI), My Cell phone is Nokia 5120.

Uhm, I know quite a lot of GSM network terminology but what the heck is ESN?

Salami1_1
28-09-2003, 06:46 PM
Uhm, I know quite a lot of GSM network terminology but what the heck is ESN?

ESN is about the samething as IMEI only for CDMA/TDMA phones.. (so technically you can't compare these 2)
GSM and TDMA/CDMA work totally different..
Can't really help with the problem because my knowledge about CDMA/TDMA is also very limited.
But anyway your phone DOES NOT have imei... but ESN
You can change it with Wintesla/pheonix only then you will need the TDMA/CDMA versions...

WBR
Salami1_1