PDA

View Full Version : How do I know what type of cable I have?

danielkleve
29-09-2003, 03:45 PM
I have bought a vcable, You stick it to between the battery and the phone. But im not sure what type it is, how do I know.

The software that came with it is to update phonebook, ringtones, logos and stuff like that.

But nothing more advanced.

sergo_zmeia
29-09-2003, 04:07 PM
Its adata cable i guess /it can be only Fbus/ but I doubt..You can check easy if there is a Mbus part by running nokia tool by rolis 1.9 and pushing the read button...If there is swithch it is a full data cable
Regards!
Sergo_Zmeia

danielkleve
29-09-2003, 04:19 PM
Doesnt work under XP i Guess, cant initialise it says

ZNOD
29-09-2003, 10:09 PM
When using Windows XP, you have to use the USERPORT program inorder to use programs like ROLIS (Flasher an Unlocker), Knok (All Editions), etc.

The Userport Program and Tutorial is in this thread:
http://nokiafree.org/forums/showthread.php?t=39748&highlight=Trouble+Using+Userport

Make sure you are using the functions of the data/mbus cable under knok. Menus that work on datacable with KNOK (Phone Settings, Modify Locks, Misc), the other menus work with a flasher cable. (Both work for the EXIT button of course!)

Also Make sure you configured the right COM port for your datacable and that the Phone is turned ON when using these 4 functions.