PDA

View Full Version : T-Mobile Operator Logo Help

szeny
30-09-2003, 08:11 AM
Hey i got 2 6610's and on one I have a Voicestream sim card and on the other I have tmobile sim card. On the Vstream I can remove the op logo fine but on the tmobile it wont remove..

neiltoe
07-10-2003, 02:46 AM
just download the blank log or what ever you want witht the voicestream sim and switch it out i used to do that with my 3390 but for but i dont have access to the voicestream sim for my 6610. If you tinker with the settings there is something that stops it from changing back but i really dont know on the 6610 havent had the chance to try it but it worked that way on the 3390 good luck

Shroud
10-10-2003, 10:47 PM
Yeah thats pretty fucked. I bought the 6610, and downloaded a blank op logo and it keeps changing back to the DAMN t-mobile. There has got to be a way to stop that. I was thinking that a simple firmware flash might work.. but am not sure.. has anyone had any success with their 6610?

Fulmens
13-10-2003, 10:11 AM
Yeah thats pretty fucked. I bought the 6610, and downloaded a blank op logo and it keeps changing back to the DAMN t-mobile. There has got to be a way to stop that. I was thinking that a simple firmware flash might work.. but am not sure.. has anyone had any success with their 6610?

i have the same problem. i sent it for repair to the nokia centre, and now it doesnt even change. not it is stuck on the SP forever. someone told me it is the SIM card that does not allow the phone to display the transparent logo, but i have not been able to confirm that. i posted that question here some time ago, but no one has answered.

can any one confirm the SIM-op logo problem?

lothos
21-10-2003, 02:41 AM
I don't believe op logos depend on your sim. I have a newer sim on t-mobile and I've got an op logo displayed. T-mobile right now is disabling the display of op logos on their network. The network itself is over riding the op logo display. T-mobile is in the process of switching all their networks over to one network code (32026) and they're doing this so the phones all display tmobile instead of voicestream or vstream or something else.

Their is a trick for the 6610 to display op logos on t-mobile. Download an op logo, blank or otherwise, to the phone. Save it, and make sure the settings are set to op logo display on. You can type *3370# on the phone to enable better sound, it's not for the op logo but when the phone does a soft reset it will display the op logo. If not turn off the feature with #3370#, turn it back on with *3370# and it'll work, keep trying. I think it's a bug because sometimes it takes a few tries for it to work.

neiltoe
21-10-2003, 05:15 AM
your trick worked great thank you!!!!!!!!!!! you are the first person to actually give me advise that worked. But you forgot on little detail for all others trying this. make sure the pin code request is on, it is the bug in the system. it is where the phone doesnt do its thing to overide your logo i tested it with a color logo and so forth was able to repeat this as i please thanks again your my hero!!!!!!!!!!

Thanh
21-10-2003, 11:05 AM
Hi there :)

I am happy that a solution was found.... but i can here confirm that this "SIM-Operator logo" thing exists, too.

I have a old 5130 which has been flashed with a modded flash from Idicdican. Previous (original) flash did not have the codes for the network "Thailand ORANGE" (520-99) but the new flash got this included.

So, putting in a ORANGE SIM card, the phone (with original flash!) would display "TH 99" or (with the modded flash!) "Orange" (capital "O", lower case "range") but in any case, it displays "ORANGE" all capitals.
I can, too, save any logo i want into the phone with Logo manager. it doesn't care. ORANGE all the time. And i know how to set network codes for logos!
Thing is, this SIM card forces the phone to overwrite the logo, or whatever there was saved at it's place, in the phone's EEPROM with the word "ORANGE" and displays that instead. No chance to revert.
In the meantime i had a chance to test that with a newer generation ORANGE SIM card, and it did NOT do that. So it's definitely the SIM.
In my case that happened on the 5130 only. I tried that same SIM in various other phones, such as 8250, 6610, 7250 and even a Ericsson T20. All were fine, only the 5130 could not resist the SIM's power.

This was just to confirm that there are indeed SIM's out there which haunt some phones :)

Kind regards.....
Thanh

lothos
21-10-2003, 08:16 PM
your trick worked great thank you!!!!!!!!!!! you are the first person to actually give me advise that worked. But you forgot on little detail for all others trying this. make sure the pin code request is on, it is the bug in the system. it is where the phone doesnt do its thing to overide your logo i tested it with a color logo and so forth was able to repeat this as i please thanks again your my hero!!!!!!!!!!

Glad I could help. :D

Fulmens
22-10-2003, 09:37 PM
lothos, it did work, you are a a genius!! where and when did you come up with this method?

lothos
29-10-2003, 10:33 PM
lothos, it did work, you are a a genius!! where and when did you come up with this method?

Someone posted the trick on www.howardforums.com which is a north american cellphone forum like this one, but not as technical. I can't really take credit for it, just glad to share the info!

:)

jennmkc
12-11-2003, 03:31 AM
And now i select operator logo it says:

logo cannot be shown when roaming... i can't turn it off either...

what do i do now???

Thanh
12-11-2003, 04:42 AM
Hello :)

Do you use either a SIM card from another country, or you are logged in to another network than your provider's..?

Inj both cases you get that message. If you have, say, a T-Mobile (USA) SIM in that phone, you need to log into T-Mobile in the USA to set the logo.

It is a fact that no custom logo will be displayed when you are roaming, be it international or regional roaming! Own experience here. My phone showed my own colour logo as long as i stayed in the GSM 1800 network, but when that went to a dead spot and the phone caught the (own) network of parent company AIS, it would, instead of the logo, display "TH AIS GSM" and also give me no choice of turning on or off my logo, with a message same as yours appearing.

Check with your network provider if they have actual coverage in your area, or if you eventually roam at all times!

Kind regards....
your Thanh

neiltoe
12-11-2003, 12:55 PM
Jennmkc I belive that "if" you have tmobile your answer is get a new sim card because they have updated there systems so many times that there old cards think they are on roam. I have talked to tmobile about my sisters sim which puts out that message and they are willing to give her a new sim card. she has had her service for over 3 years with tmobile hope this helped

siccmc
19-11-2003, 06:15 AM
The *3370X, #3370# codes do work, sometimes first try sometimes a couple later, what I did find though is that the logo comes back if you ever shut the phone off, battery dies, or phone gets powerd off for whatever reason. Be nice to now how to stop it from resetting.

crashynot
19-11-2003, 10:48 AM
The *3370X, #3370# codes do work, sometimes first try sometimes a couple later, what I did find though is that the logo comes back if you ever shut the phone off, battery dies, or phone gets powerd off for whatever reason. Be nice to now how to stop it from resetting.
for you to remove the logo you will have to flash you Fone with a clean flash that does not have the logo incripted into it

Fulmens
06-12-2003, 12:18 PM
for you to remove the logo you will have to flash you Fone with a clean flash that does not have the logo incripted into it

what about the phones you buy off the net that are not from any specific provider? these types of ohones cannot have enything incripted on them, since they are sim free and unlocked and never touched by the SP. or am i wrong?

crashynot
06-12-2003, 04:43 PM
what about the phones you buy off the net that are not from any specific provider? these types of ohones cannot have enything incripted on them, since they are sim free and unlocked and never touched by the SP. or am i wrong?
Yeah you right
but you never know were they came from
so they could have something
incripted on them

Guardian30
07-07-2004, 11:42 PM
I don't believe op logos depend on your sim. I have a newer sim on t-mobile and I've got an op logo displayed. T-mobile right now is disabling the display of op logos on their network. The network itself is over riding the op logo display. T-mobile is in the process of switching all their networks over to one network code (32026) and they're doing this so the phones all display tmobile instead of voicestream or vstream or something else.

Their is a trick for the 6610 to display op logos on t-mobile. Download an op logo, blank or otherwise, to the phone. Save it, and make sure the settings are set to op logo display on. You can type *3370# on the phone to enable better sound, it's not for the op logo but when the phone does a soft reset it will display the op logo. If not turn off the feature with #3370#, turn it back on with *3370# and it'll work, keep trying. I think it's a bug because sometimes it takes a few tries for it to work.
---------------
I downloaded the blank logo. But where do I type the *3370#. I typed it
on my phone, after I type the last character, #, nothing happens. Its
just there looking at me...the *3370#, apparently waiting for any next
instruction.

crashynot
08-07-2004, 12:43 AM
hi thete maby i can help
the code is correct but one thing is missing
this is incorrect *3370# it must be this one
*#3370#
and it will work
:lol:

Guardian30
08-07-2004, 03:02 AM
i have the same problem. i sent it for repair to the nokia centre, and now it doesnt even change. not it is stuck on the SP forever. someone told me it is the SIM card that does not allow the phone to display the transparent logo, but i have not been able to confirm that. i posted that question here some time ago, but no one has answered.

can any one confirm the SIM-op logo problem?
-----------------------------------------------------

I have confirmed this. My old SIM always had the T Mobile operator
logo on despite being able to download the transparent logo. When
I placed my new SIM on the same phone, I was successful in taking
out the T mobile operator logo after downloading the same transparent
logo. So its SIM dependent really. Some SIM cards won't allow you to
erase or shield the operator logo. Now I'm searching for a solution to
this. Has anyone there found a fix to this SIM car restriction.
Thanks for any help.

Guardian30
08-07-2004, 03:16 AM
hi thete maby i can help
the code is correct but one thing is missing
this is incorrect *3370# it must be this one
*#3370#
and it will work
:lol:
-----------------------------------------

Thanks for trying to help. But it still won't work.
It's still there looking at me doing nothing. I had my
pin on and followed the instructions above. I dunno
why nothing is happening, *#3370# is just there on
screen. I think its the restriction on the SIM card.
But how to set off the restriction on the SIM card.
I have already unlocked my 6610 succesfully. But
can not fix the operator logo problem. Will try this
again later.

Guardian30
08-07-2004, 03:30 AM
I downloaded a blank Operator Logo and saved it. But
I noticed that there is no folder or place where this
blank operator logo is being saved. How do I create
a folder that would store this blank operator logo so
that I will be able to turn this on or off.

Okay I saved the blank logo... immediately it asks
Replace existing Logo? When I click yes, it accepts
but nothing happens after I checked if it worked.
So where was the blank logo saved. Its not in
the Images folder. And I could not delete the T-Mobile
Operator Logo there in the Images folder.

Any assistance on this, please. Thank you.
Probably my SIM card is restricting it.

crashynot
08-07-2004, 05:24 PM
Hi
you you have a comon problem of T-Mobile 6610 they have a Special firmware made for T-Mobile
the only way you will bw able to remove the T-Mobile Logos fron your fone is to have it FLASHED WITH AN ORIGINAL FIRMWARE FLASH FILE

then you will have it work as it should
with blank logos and all
this is the only way
hope i was able to help

Fulmens
08-07-2004, 08:35 PM
well, i dont know if this is entirely true... if you have your phone unlocked, try to find a friend with an old SIM card, doesnt matter what company it is (since żour phone is already unlocked). put the SIM in and turn your op logo on (this is if you already downloaded the blank logo). your logo will disappear. i have done this in the past, even with t-mobile people, and it works.

but then again, maybe t-mobile has gotten smart and done something to the phones... but i recommend you try it anyway!

Guardian30
09-07-2004, 01:24 AM
well, i dont know if this is entirely true... if you have your phone unlocked, try to find a friend with an old SIM card, doesnt matter what company it is (since żour phone is already unlocked). put the SIM in and turn your op logo on (this is if you already downloaded the blank logo). your logo will disappear. i have done this in the past, even with t-mobile people, and it works.

but then again, maybe t-mobile has gotten smart and done something to the phones... but i recommend you try it anyway!
--------------------------------------------------------------
Hi,
Thanks for the info. I'm going to follow your advice. Problem is, my
OpLogo button is grayed out and defaulted to "On". When I select this
it responds..You can not view Logo while roaming.

Just wondering why my other SIM can make the Operator Logo
disappear when I download the Blank Logo on my 6610. But the
old SIM which I prefer since all my contacts are in this phone
no. can not take away the Operator Logo.

magyarlatin
12-07-2004, 01:21 PM
Hello!

I can believe how much problems can be solved with ur help, I hope u would help me too. I've bought a mobile phone in Hungary (Nokia 6610) from T-Mobile and a friend unlocked it for me bcos I'm venezuelan and I'm gotta use it in there with Digicel service provider. The thing is that in the menu of the Phone still being a option of "T-Mobile" if u choose it there are some shortcuts to Voice Mgs, News, Email. How can I dissappear or dissable that option coz I'm gonna use it with my SP in Venezuela.

Also I wouldlike to now how can I change the "Services nos." in the adress book?? to write in there the ones from my SP, still being the T-Mobile ones.

thanx alot for ur help

Fulmens
15-07-2004, 07:44 AM
you cannot change any of those menus. they are programmed in the phone, and will always be there. the only way to get rid of them is to actually do a total reset on the phone. you would have to find out who does this, or take it to a nokia center for a new version of the software. they may charge you a fee, i dont really know how much bolķvares, but at least you will have what you want.

saludos