PDA

View Full Version : Unlocked - Sim card not accepted

wwanthony
30-09-2003, 10:57 PM
Hi,
I have an 8210 which is unlocked but when I turn it on, the operator logo appears for a second then disappears, it then resets itself and displays "Sim card not accepted"???

It definately seems to be a hardware fault as I have flashed it and unlocked it but still the same.
It also passed all the tests in eeprom tools.

Could anyone point out which component should be changed or what I should do?

any help is much appreciated.

sergo_zmeia
01-10-2003, 01:26 PM
Try to reheat CCONT this is the chip that coouse this kind of problems...
Regards!
Sergo_Zmeia

natnat
01-10-2003, 02:37 PM
try to read the IMEI number. if it says 000000000 change it to its original.

wwanthony
02-10-2003, 01:11 AM
Hi,
thanks for your replys.
I can read the imei ok and it is properly unlocked so theres no trouble there.

sergo_zmeia, how should i go about reheating ccont? do i need any special equipment?

natnat
02-10-2003, 07:39 AM
@wwanthonny

use hot air. you can easily control the heat as well as its easier to manipulate. soldering gun/lead will sometimes cause overheating of parts unless you are an expert of course.

wwanthony
02-10-2003, 11:21 PM
Success!

I heated the CCONT (didnt know what I was doing exactly, but I held a hairdryer over it for about a minute)
then flashed a clean flash to it then when I powered it back up it picked up the signal right away!

Thankyou Very Much for your help.

Cheers

Mike22
13-01-2006, 12:07 PM
I have a Nokia 6210e, which was locked to Orange. Entered the code and got a message saying restriction lifted (or words to that effect). But when I put in a Vodaphone SIM I got the message 'not accepted'. I'm a complete ignoramus about these thigs, and don't understand what ccont is or what physical steps might be taken. Anyone help? Many thanks

electrophoretic
13-01-2006, 04:48 PM
Success!

I heated the CCONT (didnt know what I was doing exactly, but I held a hairdryer over it for about a minute)
then flashed a clean flash to it then when I powered it back up it picked up the signal right away!

Thankyou Very Much for your help.

Cheers

ummm.... unless your hair dryer drys your hair at around 180 degrees Centigrade then you didnt actually reflow anything, the reflash was probably the fix in this case!! but nice try!!

G

NokDoc
13-01-2006, 05:39 PM
I have a Nokia 6210e, which was locked to Orange. Entered the code and got a message saying restriction lifted (or words to that effect). But when I put in a Vodaphone SIM I got the message 'not accepted'. I'm a complete ignoramus about these thigs, and don't understand what ccont is or what physical steps might be taken. Anyone help? Many thanks

Hi,

>> I'm a complete ignoramus

Looks to me that Ur phone has no ccont or hardware problem.

I think the phone is still locked to use one providers sim cards only.

(some use 2 locks)

In other words, 1st try unlocking it before U might hurt the inside.

NokDoc