PDA

View Full Version : 3510i Cable Connectors Problem

catwo
01-10-2003, 06:31 AM
Hi all, i just bought a 3510i data cable from m-99.co.uk and i just cannot get it to work. The cable has 4 pins which connect to the phone but i saw a schimatic on a forum showing the 3510i cable as having 5 pins. Can somone please confirm this for me, i have a row of 3 pins and the seconed row of three only the middle pin is there, is this correct? Its supposed to be an M/F bus cable. Any help much appreciated in advance.
P.S. Farsh your da man!

farsh2002
01-10-2003, 10:06 PM
Hi catwo!!!
I have data cable like your!!! There are 3 pins in the first row and one pin in the midle of second row. It works without any problems.
What programm do You use for???

P.S. Farsh your da man!- What does it mean??? I'm not very good in english, so if it's possible refrase!?!

Thanks! ;)

James Watt
06-10-2003, 09:34 AM
Hi all, i just bought a 3510i data cable from m-99.co.uk and i just cannot get it to work. The cable has 4 pins which connect to the phone but i saw a schimatic on a forum showing the 3510i cable as having 5 pins. Can somone please confirm this for me, i have a row of 3 pins and the seconed row of three only the middle pin is there, is this correct? Its supposed to be an M/F bus cable. Any help much appreciated in advance.
P.S. Farsh your da man!

Hi catwo.

I also have a 3510i and Datacable. As Farsh reported, there is a row of 3 pins at the bottom, and the row above has one pin centered.
It is an F-Bus type, with a 9-Pin D Type connector at the other end, which I connect to COM1.

The Software I use is Oxygen Phone Manager II, and Oxygen Ringtone Workshop. My Operating System is Windows 98.

I had to re-position the foam border around the pins to avoid fouling them. Also you need to ensure that when the battery is inserted, that the locking pins click into place, so the connectors make good contact.

So far I have not had any problems, OPM II recognises the phone when it is turned ON, and confirms this by altering the phone Icon.

I always ensure the phone is turned OFF, when connecting/disconnecting the Datacable.

Hope this is of use to you?

Regards from James watt

big dave
06-10-2003, 10:17 PM
i have the same cable and had probs too.
I removed the foam border around the pins as it would not work for me ether. works a treat now. :)

stonecold247
26-02-2004, 03:22 AM
Hi,
I use a USB cable but found the same problem althought it advises you remove the foam protection when using i have to apply a small amount of pressure to the connection to make it work

bazik
26-02-2004, 12:45 PM
I also experienced problems with my 3510i Data Cable... mine is a Fbus/Mbus..

But my problem was XP or my motherboard.. some PC motherboards don't support F-Bus mode under Windows NT 4.0/2000/XP or 2003 operating systems family, but under legacy Win32 (95 OSR-2/98/ME) operating systems only.

U could try instaling ME.. i solved the problem by connecting the phone in my old PC with windows 98... worked just fine.. ;)

bugada
26-02-2004, 02:19 PM
I wonder if it's right to see the "Insert SIM card" message whenever i plug the datacable into my phone...

and i noticed that on both my datacable connectors, if you press the three pins on the first row they return in their original position, while the single pin on the second row remains pressed...

@bazik: i tried to connect it to a Win98 system with no luck...

bazik
26-02-2004, 05:17 PM
if the one pin remains down.. the cable is defective... ALL pins should be up with the same height
it shouldn't work... doesn't mather what OS you have...

U could Try to pull the pin up... but its delicate stuf.... :| u could damage it even more

bugada
28-02-2004, 04:56 PM
Well, i can pull up/down the one pin but it doesn't return in its original position.
By the way i made some tests and i noticed that in the phone contats there are scratchs, so I presume that the connector pins do their job succesfully.

There are particular settings to connect the phone? Serial speed or something else?

And last but not least, when i can find schematics to build a new cable using parts from that I have?

bazik
28-02-2004, 10:33 PM
Serial port speed should be : 115200

I cant help you with the rest, sorry