PDA

View Full Version : Plug Charger Polarity Voltage Current

happyjim
02-10-2003, 06:52 AM
Would anyone know the output voltage, current and polarity of the small plug which plugs into the bottom of the Nokia 3315 phone, I have searched the web for hours last night without result.

Some low life has removed our phone charger leaving us in the lurch.

The li ion battery says its 3.6v, but dosn't provide charging details.

natnat
02-10-2003, 07:46 AM
3310/3315 is 3.6 volts while 3210 is 2.4 volts.

i have two phones. a 3210 and a 3310.
i use the charger of a 3210 which has the following specs for both phones.

output: DC 5.3 volts, 500mA

note: negative terminal is in the outer part of the adapter plug if thats what you call it. (the one you connect to you phone). positive will be on the inside part.

in other words, i use my charger universally! my aunt who has a 5110 sometimes also borrows my charger and until all three phones still works well!

happyjim
03-10-2003, 02:20 AM
To Nat Nat, and any others who might send further info to me.

Thankyou for your welcome reply, now I can have a decent attempt of getting this phone to work properly again.
Cheers
Jim

James Watt
04-10-2003, 12:41 AM
Hi Jim.

There are several low cost alternatives to the Nokia Charger available for your phone. Provided it is compatible, most should work. Many of them, including the genuine Nokia, one will measure up to 10 volts off load because they are unregulated.

The main point is that of current regulation, if it maximum current is in the order of 200-300mA you should not encounter many problems.

My 3510i for instance, detects when the battery is fully charged, then it shuts off the supply.

If the available current is too high, it could overcharge the battery (getting too warm is a sign) and cause damage.

Mobile chargers also have to be treated with caution if not "Original"

Regards from James Watt