PDA

View Full Version : 3510i contrast

puffendorf
02-10-2003, 09:45 PM
hi all

i have bought a 3510i and i have problem with it:

The display is dark,
Who knows a software i can change the contrast with?
please help if you can

thanks

puffendorf

James Watt
02-10-2003, 11:59 PM
hi all

i have bought a 3510i and i have problem with it:

The display is dark,
Who knows a software i can change the contrast with?
please help if you can

thanks

puffendorf

Hi there.
I have a 3510i (purchased from new). I'm not sure exactly what you mean by "The display is dark, " If you mean the contrast is not so good in sunlight, there is nothing that can be done. But if you find the backlight turns off too quickly, the only way to overcome this is by pressing a key to reactivate the timer, it is a battery saving feature of the phone, and is not user accessible by normal means.
I have Oxygen Phone Manager II, and there is not a setting that can be used to alter the display.

Have you compared it with another model to see if there is a defect? If there is, then you are entitled to a change within the 14 day period.

Regards from James Watt

meff
25-10-2003, 01:17 AM
the display's contrast is crappy because of the passive matrix, if the phone would have an active matrix lcd the display would have an excellent contrast and visibility even on a sunny day, btw. don't believe in a 'display contrast' software, it's a fake written by some total *****s like few days ago i read that every "3510i has netmonitor which you can activate when you purchase this fine fbus/mbus cable from my site":)

James Watt
25-10-2003, 10:26 AM
the display's contrast is crappy because of the passive matrix, if the phone would have an active matrix lcd the display would have an excellent contrast and visibility even on a sunny day, btw. don't believe in a 'display contrast' software, it's a fake written by some total *****s like few days ago i read that every "3510i has netmonitor which you can activate when you purchase this fine fbus/mbus cable from my site":)

Dzien dobry meff.
Sometimes the poor contrast causes me a problem, but I have to live with it.

I think the reason for using a "passive", rather than "active" matrix is also a power saving feature of the phone.

And may cost more, thereby making the phone less attractive when compared with other low cost ones with WAP and Colour LCD.
Which were the main factors for me to buy the 3510i.

Dziekuje na informacja

Na razie James Watt