PDA

View Full Version : how to fix badly flashed 3310

sweenster
03-10-2003, 04:09 AM
i have slight problem....

When trying to do a full flash on a 3310 I accidentally loaded the wrong file - the PARTIAL flash file - by mistake.

The result is that the phone will now not switch on, and when I try to re-flash it with the full file I get an error that the software can't communicate with the phone.

Any solutions?? Or is the phone now just nackered?

PS
i'm kinda interested in how the *.fls flash files are created in the first place. If anyone knows of any links/tips/tutorials it would be cool! :-)

Alex2003
03-10-2003, 05:37 PM
Its shuld turn on when the cable conncted
check the battery
i once flashed a 3310 and it hibrnated when it deleted the flash
the phone didnt turned on
but with the flash cable it started to flash when i pressed the turn on button

sergo_zmeia
03-10-2003, 08:09 PM
Use Knok..klick on erase full flash...after that flash the clear file...and please post your questions in the right section..
Sergo_Zmeia

sweenster
03-10-2003, 10:00 PM
I have tried it with another fully charged battery - it still dosent work.
I even tried plugging into the charger, but with no success.

I'm using an MBUS parallel port and FBUS serial port cables (dont know if that was the right way round) - if that is any help.

sergo_zmeia
04-10-2003, 06:50 PM
You need flasher cable to do this...also reading the rules and forum FAQ will be helpfull for You...
Regards!
Sergo_Zmeia

chunkhead
08-10-2003, 12:22 PM
Firstly your Serial cable is an M\Fbus, and your parallel is the Flash cable! To fix your phone, simply follow my Rolis Flashing tutorial found here: http://nokiafree.org/forums/t31337/s.html

unbwogable55
17-10-2003, 08:09 PM
Hi, i have that black box with short cables. i have been trying to flash my phone but it says can not communicate. But it can read phone info. I have tried many softwares like rollis, knock95, nokia flasher but none is able. my phone says contact service. a friend told me that i can only unlock via printer port. is it true. Help

chunkhead
19-10-2003, 05:25 PM
Yes, you need a Parallel cable (Flash Cable)... But use you cable with Eeprom Tools 4.0 and run a test! You can use my Contact Service tutorial using the above in link in my last post!