PDA

View Full Version : T-Mobile Network Frequency

tim5150
03-10-2003, 04:20 PM
Anyone know what the frequencys are - is it the same as O2, Orange and Vodafone in UK or will T-MObile work throughout the world - anyone have a list of networks that work right across the world including Americna phones?

lothos
07-10-2003, 10:09 PM
Anyone know what the frequencys are - is it the same as O2, Orange and Vodafone in UK or will T-MObile work throughout the world - anyone have a list of networks that work right across the world including Americna phones?

T-Mobile GSM uses 1900 I believe. Some parts of the t-mobile US coverage use cingular wireless, which is 850mhz.

James Watt
08-10-2003, 12:03 AM

In the UK, O2 and Vodafone use the GSM Band of 900MHz, and T-Mobile and Orange use the 1800MHz Band. the 1900MHz band is not used in the UK. if a phone bought in the UK is required to work in the US a "Tri-Band" phone is the one to get.

If the Network has enabled your phone for "Roaming" you can use it abroad, where it will automatically select a Network that has an agreement with your home one. I know this, because I use mine abroad, mostly in Europe and Turkey.

Hope that answers your question?

Regards from James Watt