PDA

View Full Version : Custom avatar disabled?

GeeZuZz
03-10-2003, 06:06 PM
As far as i can see, there is no longer possible to upload a custom avatar, or link to one. Is that feature turned off? Is it supposed to be turned off?

And btw, shouldn't the new moderators be put in the moderator group? Cause we don't have access to the "moderator's only" forum - and it still says "registered user" under our username.

Alinus
12-10-2003, 01:13 PM
i'll try to solve it as soon as possible your problem accessing The Moderators forum.

Other moderators who can;t acces it, please sent me Private Message for Nottification.

sens
12-10-2003, 06:23 PM
How registered users could become - moderators ?

7250i_user
12-10-2003, 09:01 PM
can registered users upload their own avatar too plz... thanks plus also change the registerd user underneath our name :)

Yotamz
12-10-2003, 09:30 PM
@sens

what he meant was that the moderators had "registered user" under their name, instead of "moderator"...it is not that registererd users become moderators...

@7250i_user

currently nobody can upload costum avatars. the ones you see have been uploaded before the forum's upgrade, when that option was available.
same goes with the user titles ("registered users" etc.). the option of changing them has been disabled too. moderators also can't change it..

sens
12-10-2003, 11:10 PM
Mr. Yotamz,

I understood but what is the way in the hierarchy of the NFREE community to become a moderator ? I suggest to turn back the old ranks like : junior member, member, senior, veteran and so on, because I think that it rises some kind of respect from new users to senior users.
Thanks a lot !!!

Yotamz
13-10-2003, 03:04 AM
@sens
there is not a certain way to become a moderator, the way i became a moderator is that the forum has been re-organised, and many sections have been added, and so more moderators were needed.
in the end, the ones who gave ideas for the new forum structure, and wanted to help moderating the forum, and have been here for long enough time became the new crew.

as for the user titles, i also liked the old way, with junior, senior, veteran etc, but there is a problem with that method, as it is based only on the post count, and not on knowledge, or time, or contribution to the forum. the way it is now, everyone are "equal".
anyway, this is up to the administrator (man0n) to decide which method to use.

7250i_user
13-10-2003, 07:31 PM
@yotamz

will the avatar option be enabled again soon?

thanks for explaining man :)

Yotamz
14-10-2003, 12:42 AM
@yotamz

will the avatar option be enabled again soon?

thanks for explaining man :)

i don't know.. there is only one who knows the answer :smile:

if it has been turned off because of the upgrade i believe it will be enabled soon.. but maybe the administrator decided to disable it for whatever reason..anyways - it is up to him, we will have to wait and see.

Zephiroth
21-10-2003, 10:05 PM
Just as i got a great new ava...and i fucking deleted my old ava without looking :-(

7250i_user
27-10-2003, 02:04 AM
lol well you should be greatful that u had an avatar in the 1st place :)

Zephiroth
02-11-2003, 10:34 PM
But I want it back....*grrr*

leespud
08-12-2003, 01:49 PM
new upgrade but still no custom avatar???

tzeonn
15-12-2003, 03:22 PM
glad i din change mine since i registered, lol.

jebat
26-12-2003, 06:37 PM
i accidentally forgot to log off while using in public cyber cafe
some one have been playing with my id
and changed my avatar
now i cant restore my avatar

i think that personal avatar is a mirror of ourself

i wish it will be enabled soon (its my cristmas wish,although im not a cristian,but here in Malaysia everyone celebrate all festival)

leespud
05-01-2004, 01:22 AM
i still cant find the option to change custom avatar, people keep getting the same avatar as me so ive given up and decided to have none until it is resolved, any news??

Alinus
05-01-2004, 07:59 PM
i'll talk about it with our admin.

patience :)

leespud
06-01-2004, 01:51 AM
i'll talk about it with our admin.

patience :)

thank you!!! hey havent seen you around the symbian forums recently?? you used to always be there

Alinus
07-01-2004, 01:17 PM
i had enough with that forum...i am considering closing it

leespud
07-01-2004, 01:40 PM
i had enough with that forum...i am considering closing it

i understand where your coming from far too much illegal stuff going on!!! also not enough deletion of threads!!! you need a way to force people to be unable to avoid reading the rules!!! people just see one thread for warez and think oh that means its ok for me to post!! its only got one noticable mod being GeeZuZz i think it needs alot more than him!! hope you dont close it though some good people in there and i find it very usful for some problems ive got in and would be for others!!

tangcla
17-01-2004, 03:06 PM
Interesting that -- I have a custom avatar, but I can't change it :(

damn, I want to change it... it's such an old avatar! :p

nk_au
01-02-2004, 10:28 AM
What about us late comers?

I mean ... it took me years to get a phone. :D

Btw, you guys talking about avatars ... I wouldn't mind linking it to another site. I have a FTP server where I can host my own avatar. Are we allowed to do that?

About the Symbian section, what makes the Series 40 section difer to the Symbian? Why Symbian closing down? I don't think I understand why :-?

Yotamz
01-02-2004, 03:49 PM
Btw, you guys talking about avatars ... I wouldn't mind linking it to another site. I have a FTP server where I can host my own avatar. Are we allowed to do that?

the costum avatars option has been disabled, including the option to link to avatars. (not sure if there was an option to link to avatars even before).

About the Symbian section, what makes the Series 40 section difer to the Symbian? Why Symbian closing down? I don't think I understand why

since there are more commercial software for symbian phones, there were a lot more warez and illegal files in the symbian section, that's why we thought of closing it, but after discussions we have decided to keep it open.

tzeonn
01-02-2004, 06:36 PM
ar well, good news from u guys... heez.

leespud
01-02-2004, 08:53 PM
but still no avatar!!! :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:

typiod
02-02-2004, 01:45 AM
i can see the problem avatars take up room and also the download bites increase, with them this costs more money. the symbian section (and other sections) need the rules to be read first and changed so if someone asks for a link they have a pm with the link and not published on the board for everybody to read, allthough i dont think this is possible, will have to look into it.

leespud
11-02-2004, 07:27 PM
if avatars took up space and download why are there still avatars and why do the old custom ones still there?? you still have the option for avatar just why not your own???

Alinus
13-02-2004, 04:35 PM
avatars are disabled in this vBulletin Version 3.0.0 Gamma version that our forums run with.

also can be a decission of our administrator.

u come here to show your avatars or to learn about GSM ?

FU_Too
01-03-2004, 02:22 AM
u come here to show your avatars or to learn about GSM ?
Do you say this cos youve already got yours? a sort of oneupmanship?

Yotamz
01-03-2004, 01:23 PM
Do you say this cos youve already got yours? a sort of oneupmanship?

many other users have avatars, and i have made a new avatar that i would like to upload too, but i can't.. it is not about that, but the discussions about this avatars thing are long, and only the administrator have the choice about it, so the questions is asked, is the costum avatars that important?

FU_Too
01-03-2004, 03:48 PM
many other users have avatars, and i have made a new avatar that i would like to upload too, but i can't.. it is not about that, but the discussions about this avatars thing are long, and only the administrator have the choice about it, so the questions is asked, is the costum avatars that important?

Well it seems that it IS important to some as you say "the discussions about this avatars thing are long", so when is the administrator going to intervene? either have avatars or not have avatars but lets apply to all. If personal avatars not possible for some then ALL personal avatars should be removed and not have elitist and general membership.

leespud
01-03-2004, 04:35 PM
either have avatars or not have avatars but lets apply to all. If personal avatars not possible for some then ALL personal avatars should be removed and not have elitist and general membership.

i strongly agree with that, older members have custom avatars and they stilll have them either let everyone have them or no one at all

Alinus
02-03-2004, 01:22 PM
This is a GSM forum.
Avarats are not related with GSM.
Therefore there are no priority for our Administrator.

i think is enough said.

this topic is closed.