PDA

View Full Version : ALL 7250i Users...

ryfool
04-10-2003, 11:59 AM
I have recently got a cable ...serial pop port... and connected to my pc...connected to my 7250i and then started up Oxygen phone manager thing...as soon as i start it..it turns my fone off...and cant recognise the fone (because its off i suppose) occasioanly it will connect for about 3-5 seconds..then turn off again...Is this a faulty cable or am i doing something worng?
Please PLEASE help me its so annoying!

dave.p
04-10-2003, 05:12 PM
I have EXACTLY the same prob, it must be a software fault with the 7250i, i bought an FBUS cable and downloaded Oxygen phone manager and Mobi MB and when i try to use these programmes the phone will keep resetting itself or switching off. I know what u mean its bl***y annoying, i cant save my pics, games etc on2 the pc and if i send it back 2 nokia they'l delete evrything off the phone, so I dunno what to do now. :-(

ryfool
04-10-2003, 05:21 PM
No i have no idea! Im thinking of trying a USB cable...or maybe going for the IR..But if its gonna keep happenin then i dunno?! But part of the reason me buyin this phone was for the data cable reason! Grrrr!
Any1else had this and sorted it? I spose i could contact nokia..but i guess they will just say i shoud use thier £40 cable...Yea rite!

marky752000
04-10-2003, 06:06 PM
I spose i could contact nokia..but i guess they will just say i shoud use thier £40 cable...Yea rite!

They will.

And they will also tell you that by using a non original accessory you have voided your warranty.

So I wouldn't go down that road.

Best Regards

Mark

7250i_user
04-10-2003, 06:28 PM
ok when i had that problem i thought it was because the phone was going in and out of signal but yes i had exactly the same problem.... maybe that was the problem

but then i started to use nokia pc suite and mobimb.

nokia pc suite is available for free at www.nokia.com but mobimb is not free and do not ask for cracked versions on here coz no warez allowed.

good luck

dave.p
04-10-2003, 06:33 PM
I still had the same probs with Mobi MB, Could it be that the 7250i doesn't work with certain cables, mines is an F-BUS which i got from Ebay for a £5, funny thing is my 6610 works faultlessly with the same cable n the same programmes.

ryfool
05-10-2003, 02:40 PM
Yea got mine from Ebay too! I spoke to the guy i got it off and he said he spoke to some1 and they said that the 7250i isnt compatabile with much yet.
Cables i guess he means..Which is great! :(

Fr3n2y
05-10-2003, 05:36 PM
Hello,

I was unable to connect my 7250i with infrared, he connects with oxygen only sometimes.

The problem was the speed configuration, it was 4Mb and I put it to 115.2 and it works very fine. I use lasted version of oxygen (cracked) and restore all my data of a backup file of my old 3510 without any problem.

Fr3n2y.

ryfool
05-10-2003, 05:42 PM
How do u adjust that? and which version did u have?

Fr3n2y
07-10-2003, 10:23 PM
I have 2.1.6, but this is an option of windows XP, this are in the properties of IrDA.

ryfool
07-10-2003, 10:34 PM
I also have win xp...But im using a cable?
Can u send me the version u use?

Fr3n2y
07-10-2003, 10:40 PM
your e-mail?

ryfool
07-10-2003, 10:43 PM
[email protected]
Thanks dude hopefully this will work :)

Fr3n2y
08-10-2003, 09:16 AM
This is an automatically generated Delivery Status Notification.

Delivery to the following recipients failed.

[email protected]

Final-Recipient: rfc822;[email protected]
Action: failed

The attached file was opm2.zip (9.8 MB)

Thanh
09-10-2003, 02:56 PM
Hi there :)

Haven't got that hassle as i got a 6610 and no cable whatsoever, but you can not send a 9.8 meg file to a hotmail account :)

Hotmail gives you 2 MB storage and 1 MB max attachment size...... better get that via Kazaa, but be aware of virus-infected versions. Have an up-to-date antivirus software running while downloading :0

Kind regards...
your Thanh

m0z
21-11-2003, 10:20 PM
I'm interested as to whether any of you manged to get your cables working?

I'm having the same problem, a serial fbus cable i bought off ebay for my 7250i just does not want to connect, nokia pc suite doesnt even recognise it but manages to make my fones screen go almost white, and oxygen trial doesnt connect and if it does i get about a million errors.

I'm trying to track down a decent version of mobimb but so far the one i got installs and when i reg it it fifnishes the install but the shortcut doesnt lead to anything.

Does anyone know whats going on?

Thanh
22-11-2003, 05:04 AM
Hello :)

Generally you may NOT use serial cables with series-40 phones and Nokia's PC Suite, it won't work.

Nokia created the Pop-Port and it's PC Suite software (FREE!) to work only with a certain cable, the USB-Pop Port type DKU- (EXPENSIVE!)

That cable comes with it's own driver (serial-USB converter) and has to be installed BEFORE the PC-Suite software. By doing so, when installing PC Suite, it detects the already installed DKU-5 and uses that to connect with the phone. If you install PC Suite first, there is no way to get any cable working, and that goes also for IR, it has to be installed BEFORE PC-Suite!

Serial cables (f-bus) work fine with applications like MobiMB or Oxygen, yet it is possible that both those are not (yet!) compatible with brand new phones, such as 7250i or 3300.

Similar to new hardware for the PC, a new "driver" has to be created which is surely integrated in the ever-new PC Suite versions, but for MobiMB or Oxygen you will need either updates (won't get 'em when you use cracked versions) or new versions (buy 'em or wait for the cracks).

Check out ebay or where ever for (fake) DKU-5 cables, these come not much more expensive than the serial f-bus cables, do usually NOT include the driver CD but work just as good. The driver for DKU-5 can now be downloaded from Nokia's website, seems they have given in......

Just as a comparing help, here vthe prices for cables Pop-Port, in Mahboonkrong, Bangkok, from yesterday, nov. 21st:

- original Nokia DKU-5, with driver CD: 3.490 Baht (87.25 us$)
- fake DKU-5, with (copied!) driver CD: 850 Baht (21.25 us$)
- fake DKU-5, no CD: 500 Baht (12.50 us$)
- serial-Pop Port cable, f-bus, no CD: 450 Baht (11.25 us$)
- serial f-bus cable (connects under the battery): 350 Baht (8.75 us$)

I hope i could help with this......

Kind regards.....
your Thanh

7250i_user
23-11-2003, 02:19 AM
hey moz when ur installing mobimb...probably a cracked version witha serial then u must not connect to the internet ok. after its installed u may connect

good luck and lemme know how u got off....

m0z
23-11-2003, 08:17 PM
ez,

Installed mobimb, i disconnected internet and turned modem off, installed fine, program still wouldnt find the phone so i turned pc off... turned it on later that night and looked at the connection manager thing and a logo of my 7250i was there so i opened the program, it connected for a few seconds then went blank, this chaotic loop of events carried on for a while until it stayed there, so i tryed to upload a game and it went to about 50% then buggered up, i checked my phone and now i have an "untitled" entry in the games and when you try to open it it says application error lol.

After researching on the net i've come to the conclusion i have a faulty software version, this can be diagnosed with the crashing of the phone when you try to set wallpaper and the fact the cables never seem to work, the details of my phone are as follows (*#0000#)

V 3.22
23-06-03
NHL-4JX
(c) NMP

It would be interesting to see what everyone elses is (for a 7250i)

I'm trying to connect with a serial fbus pop port cable and no programs work correctly.

I'm going to try and attempt to get the phone flashed with an un-faulty version, probably from somewhere like carphone warehouse or a service centre, i don't think i'll try and blag it as i doubt they'll do it out of the goodness of their hearts for a 19yr old waster student, so i'll send my dad :D

I'll keep you all updated.

julian_wch
01-01-2004, 03:17 PM
Hi All, well Hi Thanh u seem to know yr stuff...

I get white screen on my 7250i when I:
1. installed DKU driver from bottom of page "Nokia 7210 PC Applications" [http://www.nokiausa.com/phones/software/7210]
2. installed PC suite from [http://www.nokiausa.com/phones/software/7250i]
3. Ran PC suite, disconnected mouse from COM1, connected DKU5 to COM1. Only connection available.
4. Used keyboard to manually map DKU5 to COM1.
5. RESULT: phone/PC are talking BUT "phone not connected" ERROR shown on PC suite.
6. RESULT: Also phone partially disabled by PC suite communication i.e. white screen.
Q: have i got the correct DKU5 driver?

Help y'all. And Happy New Year from England... yes it's pissing down.

Joolz.

Thanh
01-01-2004, 07:03 PM
Hello :)

You write that you "connect the DKU-5 to COM 1". That is impossible!

Because the DKU-5 is a USB cable. And the COM 1 is a physical, serial port. All USB connections use "virtual COM-Ports" such as COM 3, COM 5 and COM 1286. That is what the driver is for, to convert the (serial!) Pop-port connector to a USB connector, ergo it's called a "serial-USB-converter".

You say that your DKU-5 can be connected to the "Mouse port" COM 1. I guess you either have a USB mouse and indeed not any physical COM ports (unlikely!) or, more likely, you have a serial cable and the seller of it cheated you by selling you a cheap serial cable at the price of a expensive DKU-5.

Check your computer's back side, if there are physical COM ports. They look like the monitor port, but male connections instead of female. There should be two of them, or one small (like monitor) and one bigger. I don't know of any computer that's not got such connectors there!

Then check if there are USB ports. That is where a "real" DKU-5 and compatible fakes go.

Now, if you GOT such USB ports, then you need to check in your hardware device manager (depending on windows version) if they are installed and usable! In that case you will have several more COM ports, here "virtual" COM ports. Remember: also internal modems use such a virtual COM port, normally COM 3!

Last check your cable ("DKU-5") what connector does it have - serial or USB..?

If serial, forget PC Suite. Bring it back to the person who sold it and demand your $$ back or demand the real thing.

Besides - how about getting a decent new mouse? Serial mouses, that was, err..... 10 years ago? :)

Kind regards.....
your Thanh

Thanh
01-01-2004, 07:19 PM
i forgot something, so here is a PS:

FIRST: UNINSTALL PC SUITE COMPLETELY! DELETE IT'S FOLDERS AND REBOOT!

If you have USB ports at the back of your machine but can't find them in windows' hardware device manager, you need to reboot the machine and while doing so, hit "del" to get into the BIOS.

Here, depending on BIOS version of course, look for something like "Onboard USB" which can be "disable" or "enable". Set it to "enable", save changes, exit BIOS and reboot. Windows will now automatically detect and install the USB ports (at least XP does so). *Eventually* you will need the windows CD, have it handy.

After your USB ports run, you can connect the DKU-5 (the real one!) to one of them. Windows will pop up a message "Found new hardware - Serial-USB converter" and asks you to install the driver. Use that DKU-5 driver you downloaded, there is only one version of it.

Then, after it's installed, reboot machine.

Then go again into the hardware device manager and look for the device "Serial-USB converter". Right-click that, select "Properties" and see there which COM-port is used by the device, usually it is COM 5.

THEN re-install PC Suite. It will now automatically detect the installed DKU-5 and your connection will work.

If you want to use Oxygen or MobiMB, set them to the COM-Port which is used by the "Serial-USB converter".

Good luck :)
your Thanh

WhiteFalcon
05-01-2004, 02:31 AM
Hey all,

not sure if this is relevant but I'm connecting to MobiMB and Nokia PC Suite 5 using IR from my 7250i onto my laptop. It was all working fine then one day i went to put some new wallpaper on using MobiMB and it couldn't see my phone but my laptop knew that the phone was connected to it's IR port. I thought it was maybe just something wrong with MobIMB so i tried PC Suite, still no joy. So after installing both programs over several times i decided it was maybe the phone. I turned the phone off, took the battery out, left it for about a minute and then put it all back together. I activated the IR and connected it to my PC then loaded MobiMB...my phone was recognised straight away and i uploaded my wallpaper. Tried PC Suite and it worked perfect too.

I don't know the reasoning behind this but I presume taking power away from the circuitry completely must've reset something. Worth a try maybe if you've exhausted all software options! Hope it helps.

Cheers,

WhiteFalcon

yjagota
08-01-2004, 03:58 PM
Hi Thanh...
How r u? Still at public service huh??!! How is ur boyfriend?

Maximum disconnectivity problems with 6610, 7210, 7250, 7250i etc. are because of the following reasons:
1. You use the cable which fits at the back in place of battery. No use guys....Go for the originals. They are costly but they work. Best recommended is IR port. Works with all if them perfectly with all software.
2. You use USB cables with MobilMB. Many times they don't work.
3. PC Suite is the best software for Nokia phones. I use MobilMB for the transparent logo instead, nothing else.
4. Maximum USB cable and IR dongle problems are not because of the phones. They arise because of bad drivers for your OS. Beleive me. This is true.

yeekinmeng
09-01-2004, 12:43 PM
Hey all,

not sure if this is relevant but I'm connecting to MobiMB and Nokia PC Suite 5 using IR from my 7250i onto my laptop. It was all working fine then one day i went to put some new wallpaper on using MobiMB and it couldn't see my phone but my laptop knew that the phone was connected to it's IR port. I thought it was maybe just something wrong with MobIMB so i tried PC Suite, still no joy. So after installing both programs over several times i decided it was maybe the phone. I turned the phone off, took the battery out, left it for about a minute and then put it all back together. I activated the IR and connected it to my PC then loaded MobiMB...my phone was recognised straight away and i uploaded my wallpaper. Tried PC Suite and it worked perfect too.

I don't know the reasoning behind this but I presume taking power away from the circuitry completely must've reset something. Worth a try maybe if you've exhausted all software options! Hope it helps.

Cheers,

WhiteFalcon

yeah! i read it at some forums. we need to off our fone aleast once a week, it kinda reset. for me i usually uses up the batt b4 charging. try this method. so far i haven any prob conecting.

minty1084
19-01-2004, 01:16 AM
I tried the fbus cable with my nokia 7250i and got all the same probs - ie phone switching on and off. Used a non original usb nokia cable with MobiM8 software works fine.
Had no luck getting the usb cable to work with pc suite though.

pabsunited2004
31-01-2004, 09:23 PM
hello, could anyone PLEASE help me with this, i have installed my dku-5 driver and pc suite 5.1 and have my cable in.

pc suite DOES detect my phone but when i start an application by example --- copy content from phone to pc it then gives me the message no phone connected?

can anyone please help me

thanks

Paul

minty1084
01-02-2004, 11:10 AM
hello, could anyone PLEASE help me with this, i have installed my dku-5 driver and pc suite 5.1 and have my cable in.

pc suite DOES detect my phone but when i start an application by example --- copy content from phone to pc it then gives me the message no phone connected?

can anyone please help me

thanks

Paul
PAUL I tried the fbus cable with my nokia 7250i and got all the same probs - ie phone switching on and off. I Used a non original usb nokia cable with MobiM8 software works fine.
Had no luck getting the usb cable to work with pc suite though. This is because Nokia PC Suite does not like non original cables not produced by them.
Buy Mobim8 or see if you can find a version v 1.27 which will recognise your phone.
MobiM8 costs about £16 and you can buy it online and then download it within a few minutes.
Small price to pay to get the problem sorted.
Dont bother with the demo as it does not allow to to even add or remove files, games, photos.
If you cant find the site here it is --- http://www.logomanager.co.uk/php/products.php

FeelinDevilish
03-02-2004, 04:59 PM
Hi guys,

I know we all know this now but here is the proof that FBUS cables dont work with our frigin 7250i's. Please Read this quote from Mobi-MB,

"ARTICLE SUMMARY
Colour phone reboots during communication with pop-port cable

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
SYMPTOMS
When connecting or transferring files to a colour phone via a third party pop-port cable, the phone sometimes crashes/restarts, or the phone's display flashes.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
RESOLUTION
Some commonly available third party Pop-Port FBUS cables designed for the 7210 do not operate correctly with the 7250(i) and other phones, and cause corruption of data during transmission. The electrical levels may also cause power drainage in the phone. This is a design fault in this cable type, and could cause damage to your phone. (So do not try persistently to make it work)

In Mobi-MB, you can monitor the quality of your connection by double-clicking the connection manager tray icon and then double-clicking the FBUS connection.

It is recommended that you use an official DKU-5 Pop-Port cable or an infrared adapter if you encounter this problem.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So basically this is a known problem with this phone. Ive lots of statements of people having the same problems as above inc myself. My next port of call was to go for the infra red link. i used this with Mobi-MB and have no problem!!!!!

Good luck!!!