PDA

View Full Version : call log manager

renzofontanella
04-10-2003, 03:36 PM
I once had a "call log manager" on my bygone Communicator 9110;
having now a 9210i, I would like to know how I can manage it to load the call-log into the PC to use it as an Excel file.
Thnx for any suggestion

asiwal
04-10-2003, 08:47 PM
Not sure about excel but you can use either pdf printer or eprinters to print log into a text or pdf file after that you can work on that file in your PC.

renzofontanella
13-10-2003, 08:14 PM
Not sure about excel but you can use either pdf printer or eprinters to print log into a text or pdf file after that you can work on that file in your PC.
thank You for your quick reply, I have seen, that I can print the log to a printer, but how do I manage that, how do I print the log into a pdf-file.
Renzo

asiwal
14-10-2003, 01:00 AM
you will need pdf printer for that, also you can either use ePrinters if you want to print to a text file. if you use pdf printer then make sure that you save that as a text file in pdf+ for working with it in pc unless you have acrobat writer installed in your pc. i hope that makes sense.

anyway if you need these softwares pm me with your email address, because i am afraid southside's hub is apparently dead for whatever reason.

renzofontanella
15-10-2003, 10:44 AM
[QUOTE=asiwal]you will need pdf printer for that, also you can either use ePrinters .

I used a test download of ePrinters, it worked, but I got all informations and no telephone numbers. Looking up in the backup files in my PC I found the log file. Looking at it with a Hex viewer and late with the Notebook, I could see everything I wanted, but could not identify all those strange characters; is there a program that can read this file properly.
Thanks
Renzo

sektor_1
15-10-2003, 11:20 AM
dont u have an infrared printer or access to one? sure u can print it out via infrared...

asiwal
15-10-2003, 09:05 PM
sektor you have missed the point, renzo is not talking about printing call log to a printer but he wants it to be as a file which he can open in his PC.

anyway renzo check your mail, i have mailed pdf printer with pdf+. extended printers gave me problem as well so i switched to pdf printer and i like it more than eprinters.

renzofontanella
17-10-2003, 08:19 PM
[QUOTE=asiwal]sektor you have missed the point, renzo is not talking about printing call log to a printer but he wants it to be as a file which he can open in his PC.i have mailed pdf printer

Thank You Asiwal for Your kind e-mail. Now my point is another one. I was able to get that Log-file in my computer, it was like the one you can see in the Communicator, but the telephone numbers corresponding to the names are missing. I found in the backups the file Logdbu.dat, this is the backup file from the log file. I could see it with a hex-reader. Now the point is to find a program that gives a .CSV-file for example, that contains all information, telephone numbers included.

Ouuch, I spilled my beer.

asiwal
17-10-2003, 09:22 PM
Now the point is to find a program that gives a .CSV-file for example, that contains all information, telephone numbers included.

for that you might want to try contact manager, check this

http://nokiafree.org/forums/t43017/s.html

renzofontanella
18-10-2003, 09:37 AM
for that you might want to try contact manager, check this
http://nokiafree.org/forums/t43017/s.html

Thanks for the thread, I hope Gorby had made it. I will try.
Renzo