PDA

View Full Version : Scheduled SMS?

markozob
05-10-2003, 12:24 AM
Hi!
Is it possible to schedule an SMS to be sent at a specific time/date? For example, if I need to remind somebody abouth something important, at some 3-4am, and I don't wanna wake up at that hour just to send the SMS, can I schedule it somehow?

Thx!

Theodosis
06-10-2003, 01:02 AM
Hi!
Is it possible to schedule an SMS to be sent at a specific time/date? For example, if I need to remind somebody abouth something important, at some 3-4am, and I don't wanna wake up at that hour just to send the SMS, can I schedule it somehow?

Thx!

Yes, but the way i know is only by code from your telephone company. For example here in Greece, Telestet, has the *Fut code (from Future). You type - *Fut 5# and your message - and it will be delivered after 5 hours. You can deliver a sms even after a week but you have to convert the time to hours. 8-) :D Hope i helped !

sektor_1
06-10-2003, 10:46 AM
Not sure if this will help, but have u tried sms autoresponder, not exactly what u are looking for I know. But if u receive a sms message from someone and u want 2 reply it will automatically send a reply to that user?

In your case the person who u want 2 rmind if they send a sms first then your commy will send one back, not pretty but mayby some help...

wiseman
06-10-2003, 03:31 PM
Hi!

Thx!
yes very easy
in your new message window go to send options (third button on the rigt side of the screen).
in the new window, the third row is what you are looking for, i suppose.
just change into "programmed" (or something like that... my software is in italian) then choose a day and hour to send your sms.
i hope this will answer your question...

sektor_1
06-10-2003, 03:57 PM
bloddy hell wiseman, u ARE a wiseman arent u :-) i didnt know u could do that

yes very easy
in your new message window go to send options (third button on the rigt side of the screen).
in the new window, the third row is what you are looking for, i suppose.
just change into "programmed" (or something like that... my software is in italian) then choose a day and hour to send your sms.
i hope this will answer your question...

markozob
07-10-2003, 02:52 PM
:-o Bloody hell :-o

Like SEKTOR_1 already said -- you are THE wiseman! Thanx!

P.S.
Bellisima citta', Roma. Mi dispiace solo di esserci stato 2 volte soltanto... La vita e' lunga, pero'... Ci andro' di nuovo...

P.P.S.
For the non-italian folks, I said how I like Rome very much and that I'll go there again...