PDA

View Full Version : MMS/GPRS 3510i

danjkerry
05-10-2003, 08:57 PM
How can i set up a GPRS connection on my Virgin 3510i, i have already managed to set up a t-mobile gsm connection? what settings do i use?

James Watt
05-10-2003, 11:42 PM
How can i set up a GPRS connection on my Virgin 3510i, i have already managed to set up a t-mobile gsm connection? what settings do i use?

You need to alter the settings for Virgin in order to be able to use the Wap facility.

Check that the Virgin SIM Card itself is "DATA Enabled", because the older ones were not.

Take a look at the attached document and make the entries in your phone according to the settings shown.

On the phone, select "Menu/Services/Settings" Take a look at what it is set to. There are 5 settings that can be made. Do not change the default one, just use "Set 2" or "Set 3" and change the name to e.g. "Virgin GPRS" To change it, select "Edit active settings" and enter the required information.

When done, go back to "Services" and select "Home". You can add "Bookmarks " later.

Good Luck.
Regards from James Watt

danjkerry
06-10-2003, 08:23 PM
thanks very much, but i was looking for a GPRS, yes, GPRS connection, not a GSM, my phone was bought at the end of July, brand new with virgin uk sim. I want the information to set up a GPRS connection to my phone, maybe on another network. On my current virgin sim, i have connected using GSM with T-Mobile, but how can i connect using GPRS, maybe with t-mobile? virgin don't provide a GPRS/MMS service, the rotters!

James Watt
07-10-2003, 12:34 AM
thanks very much, but i was looking for a GPRS, yes, GPRS connection, not a GSM, my phone was bought at the end of July, brand new with virgin uk sim. I want the information to set up a GPRS connection to my phone, maybe on another network. On my current virgin sim, i have connected using GSM with T-Mobile, but how can i connect using GPRS, maybe with t-mobile? virgin don't provide a GPRS/MMS service, the rotters!

Hi again Dan.

This is what you need to set up T-Mobile GPRS MMS, with a T-Mobile SIM Card, I have sent it in the attachment.

Virgin use a "Virtual Network" which runs on the back of Vodafone.

Regards from James Watt

danjkerry
07-10-2003, 07:59 PM
oh well, i suppose. Thanks for that information though, i have a spare t-mobile sim, so all is not lost! Thanks again.