PDA

View Full Version : 6310

kiranrss
05-10-2003, 11:12 PM
hi,
My 6310 started showing contact service suddenly and jus conked off one day now it i press the power on buttun it does not power up

i had the current suppy checked and circuit is perfect. so i guess the next thing i have to do is flash the phone.
can anybody tell me where i could find pheonix for flashing my phone?

also would be greatful if anybody could tell me what i should avoid doing while flashing the phone i went through the flash section.

Thank you
kiran

James Watt
07-10-2003, 10:02 PM
hi,
My 6310 started showing contact service suddenly and jus conked off one day now it i press the power on buttun it does not power up

i had the current suppy checked and circuit is perfect. so i guess the next thing i have to do is flash the phone.
can anybody tell me where i could find pheonix for flashing my phone?

also would be greatful if anybody could tell me what i should avoid doing while flashing the phone i went through the flash section.

Thank you
kiran

Hi Kiran.

Are you sure you need to "Flash" the phone?

Why did you not contact the Service Provider?

Normally "Contact Service" message means there is a reason for them to request you to do so.

If you have had the phone from new, e.g. you legitimately purchased it, you can get it looked at professionally, rather than risk causing expensive damage by tinkering with it yourself.

Just curious
Regards from James Watt

kiranrss
10-10-2003, 11:49 PM
Hi Kiran.

Are you sure you need to "Flash" the phone?

Why did you not contact the Service Provider?

Normally "Contact Service" message means there is a reason for them to request you to do so.

If you have had the phone from new, e.g. you legitimately purchased it, you can get it looked at professionally, rather than risk causing expensive damage by tinkering with it yourself.

Just curious
Regards from James Watt

Hi james
Contact service does not mean that your service provider is asking you to contact them its an hardware/software fault in the phone. and i did go to nokia service centre and i was told that they would not look at it as they did not officially launch the phone in india(i live in india) i bought the phone in singapore a year ago and it doesnt make sense to go to singapore for gettingthis repaired does it?

James Watt
11-10-2003, 11:02 AM
Hi james
Contact service does not mean that your service provider is asking you to contact them its an hardware/software fault in the phone. and i did go to nokia service centre and i was told that they would not look at it as they did not officially launch the phone in india(i live in india) i bought the phone in singapore a year ago and it doesnt make sense to go to singapore for gettingthis repaired does it?

Hi Kiranrss.

Oh my goodness gracious me.
It seems as though you have a bigger problem then. I'm not sure what the best thing for you to do is.

This is something that has bothered me, when considering buying things whilst on holiday in a different country. If it goes faulty, what do I do. The warranty may only be valid in the country of purchase, so I would be left with expensive junk, unless I went there again.

Perhaps a friend of yours may be going to Singapore? If so they could take it for repair?

Or, you could contact Nokia and explain the situation, they must have dealt with this kind of thing before.

I hope you get it sorted.

Regards from James Watt

fixmup
12-10-2003, 03:51 PM
Hi james
Kiran mate,I will hopefully have access to the new version of the griffin box by the time you get this message and I will be able to fill you in on if the 6310 can be flashed .Ihave heard that some dct4 units have to have the mcu replaced,but don't quote me on that as I am not 100% sure.Also is the unit a 6310 or a 6310i[in oz the 6310i has a white screen!!],as this makes a huge difference apparently.Maybe the mod. might have the answer to both our questions,or if not,ask chunkhead,as he normally is spot on witjh all his diagnosis.
Also a message to James-mate be careful in what you write if you are not sure, as people are looking for answers, and we don't wanna confuse em any more than they may already be !!

kiranrss
13-10-2003, 01:35 AM
Kiran mate,I will hopefully have access to the new version of the griffin box by the time you get this message and I will be able to fill you in on if the 6310 can be flashed .Ihave heard that some dct4 units have to have the mcu replaced,but don't quote me on that as I am not 100% sure.Also is the unit a 6310 or a 6310i[in oz the 6310i has a white screen!!],as this makes a huge difference apparently.Maybe the mod. might have the answer to both our questions,or if not,ask chunkhead,as he normally is spot on witjh all his diagnosis.
Also a message to James-mate be careful in what you write if you are not sure, as people are looking for answers, and we don't wanna confuse em any more than they may already be !!

Thanks for your time
as far as i have checked the 6310 can be flashed(says so in nokia's level 3 manual) it is a 6310

hoping to hear from you soon
thanks