PDA

View Full Version : sms help please

1fstkr
06-10-2003, 04:42 AM
hi,

i have a 9210i, wondering is there anyway to change it so when you receive a sms instead of only showing the number it came from change it to show the person it is from (providing you have there name in your contacts)??????

thanks

sektor_1
06-10-2003, 10:35 AM
It should always show the name so long as you have the name stored are your contacts on the mmc? if your contacts are stored on the mmc then it will not display the name. Also if you have 2 names with the same number it will not show the name, is this happening to ALL sms messages that u recieve or just some?

hi,

i have a 9210i, wondering is there anyway to change it so when you receive a sms instead of only showing the number it came from change it to show the person it is from (providing you have there name in your contacts)??????

thanks

1fstkr
06-10-2003, 01:20 PM
thanks for your reply.

At the moment all my contacts are stored on my sim card....is it possible to copy the contacts on your sim card to the phone???

asiwal
06-10-2003, 03:47 PM
yes its easy, first select them all with ctrl+A or in edit menu select all.. then in file menu--->more options--->copy to or use shift+ctrl+c.. and copy them to contacts