PDA

View Full Version : 3310 sounds no ringtone

wwanthony
08-10-2003, 01:40 AM
Hi,
I have a 3310 which works perfectly apart from it doesnt sound any ringtones. I have changed the buzzer and it still makes no sound.

I can only assume it is a component on the pcb which may need replacing? Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks

fixmup
09-10-2003, 06:19 PM
Hi,
I have a 3310 which works perfectly apart from it doesnt sound any ringtones. I have changed the buzzer and it still makes no sound.

I can only assume it is a component on the pcb which may need replacing? Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks
Well mate-using a multi meter,find if there is continuity from the 5th pin ,from top right on the little spider chip ,on the lower right hand side of the main board,to the bottom terminal where the ringer should contact the board.If there is none ,then solder a wire from the pin to the terminal, making sure that wire is nylon coated and does not contact any other part of the phone when re-assembled.We call it a 'pin5' bypass,and is usually caused by fluid burning out the track.i have done literally hundreds of these repairs,so I know it is a common problem.I would liked to have added an attachment for ya, but I dont have one availible,so hopefully one of the senior gurus has one. Once you see it you will realise how simple it is to check and repair.
Hope this helps ya out man 8-)

bradysarlo
10-10-2003, 03:44 AM
I have flashed a couple of phones that had a ringtone problem.
If you have flashed the phone, go into tones and make sure that you have something set for the incoming call alert and your ringtone.
The phones that I flashed had nothing below where it says incoming call alert which means that nothing was set for it.
I also had to set the warning tones, the vibrate alert, the ringtone and the keypad tones.
Then again you might have a hardware problem.
I hope that this helps. :)

wwanthony
10-10-2003, 10:25 PM
Hi,
the ringtones are set and the software is all fine,
i'm trying to get hold of a multi-metre right now so hopefully that will bring some results...

Brdo
11-10-2003, 08:32 PM
wwanthony: seems to me like a hardware issue..
if you wish you can try to set factory deafults with a MBUS cable (i think the option that u got on the phone doesn't change ALL the settings..), and then choose Ascending or the one that rings with the same tone all the time for the ringtone type, and some valid song for ringtone.. But u prolly already tried that.. Really, try with the factory settings, i've had problems with the sound (corrupted sound) one time, then i just set all the factory settings with my MBUS then it worked fine!

wwanthony
11-10-2003, 09:50 PM
hi Brdo,
really thankyou for offering your help and sharing your experience but the problem is most certainly hardware related as i have tried all software repair solutions.

will post results when i get my hands on a multi meter.

best regards.

marky752000
12-10-2003, 02:41 AM
When you get your multimeter, and if it is a hardware problem this is the pic that fixmup was discribing.

Best Regards

Mark

fixmup
12-10-2003, 03:26 PM
When you get your multimeter, and if it is a hardware problem this is the pic that fixmup was discribing.

Best Regards

Mark
Marky old mate, that pic you posted was much clearer than my babbling description,and I hope this cures the problem.Even soldering a wire between the 2 points will help our friend,and he won't need a multi meter,only nylon coated wire and a soldering iron!! P.s. -did you get the pic off an Aussie site? ,as these are the crew I get my bits from? If you are a techy,let me know and maybe we can share some repair hints that aren't in any manuals,especially since you guys have been exposed to dct4 handsets for a lot longer than us and may have come across a few common probs.

fahme
18-10-2003, 09:58 AM
This is a hardware problem.You need to join a wire from the 5th pin from the top,on the right hand side of the U.I I.C. to the bottom pad of the ringer on the pcb.This solution works perfectly.The result of there being no ringing is due to a burnt track which is common on 3310's.This is caused due to liquid damaged.If u not sure how to do this,e-mail me & i will draw a diagram and e-mail it back to

wwanthony
19-10-2003, 11:54 PM
Hey Folks!
Ii couldnt be bothered waiting for my multimeter so I went straight for the soldering. How on earth the guy who did it in the pic posted above got it looking so neat is unbelievable, but hey I fixed my wire, screwed it back together, powered it on and listened to my ringtones!!

Absolutely brilliant!
Thanks a LOT guys for all your help.

Best of Regards,
Anthony

rajkhikhi
10-12-2003, 02:56 AM
please send me mail

Without e-mails please...there is a specific PM option for contacts..
Regards! Sergo_Zmeia

Humbucker
03-02-2004, 09:13 PM
Thanks to fixmup for help you have given to solve this fault and also to marky752000 for posting the pic.
I have a 3330 thats been in a cuboard for about 2 months with this problem and I got a friend to solder the link, and he has done an ecellent job. (as good as that pic).
I now have a good workin spare phone.

Many thanks again.