PDA

View Full Version : using eeprom tools with xp problem

jensenh1
09-10-2003, 01:02 AM
ive recently updated my software to windows xp but am now getting a message saying...'com port not open or present' when i connect my unlock cable into com1 and try to use eeprom tools.Can anybody help me with this problem please? :-?

toddbuchanan21
09-10-2003, 06:24 PM
ive recently updated my software to windows xp but am now getting a message saying...'com port not open or present' when i connect my unlock cable into com1 and try to use eeprom tools.Can anybody help me with this problem please? :-?

hi if you right click on eeprom tools and then click on properties you will see a compatability tab click on this and check the box and you will get a drop down menu just click on 98/me and then apply and try running the prog again it should now work good luck

sc0use
11-10-2003, 11:03 PM
hi if you right click on eeprom tools and then click on properties you will see a compatability tab click on this and check the box and you will get a drop down menu just click on 98/me and then apply and try running the prog again it should now work good luck
or even easer get eeprom tools 4

carlieann
12-10-2003, 02:04 AM
I had the same prob with xp, u have to get userport so that xp can run this stuff & open the port needed!

Windows NT, 2000, XP
Direct I/O access is blocked by XP, but you can open this block by installing the UserPort UserPort.zip (http://www.adteknik.se/software/UserPort.zip) software made by Tomas Franzon.
If this doesn't help, ACPI is probably activated. There are two ways to remove ACPI on XP:
Read this first: Removing ACPI may cause your computer to crash! Always make a complete backup and recovery disc. before proceeding. And consult your computer hardware supplier and ask them if it's possible to run your computer without ACPI. I take no responsibility if your computer stops working after you have performed the below steps, you have been warned.

Option 1.
You install Win XP without ACPI. During the first setup, at the "Setup is inspecting your computer's hardware configuration" screen, press the F5 key and choose "Standard PC". After you install Win XP download UserPort http://www.adteknik.se/software/UserPort.zip read the instructions and run the userport.exe file and you are set to go
Option 2.
In case you have already installed Win XP then:
Press WinKey-Break,(or start/run 'sysdm.cpl'), Hardware Tab, Device Manager Tab,
Click the + next to computer and double-click on Advanced Configuration and Power Interface (ACPI)PC.
Click Driver and Update Driver. Install from a list, then "Dont Search" it should show Standard PC in the list. Shutdown and in the BIOS, disable ACPI.
Reboot and Windows will re-detect your hardware.
download UserPort <http://www.adteknik.se/software/UserPort.zip> read the instructions and run the userport.exe file and you are set to go.

Hope this may help u!

Regards

chunkhead
13-10-2003, 03:42 PM
I'm getting really tired of this now!!! Userport only controls the LPT ports! Not the com ports! This has been covered a thousand times! The reason some of the com programs don't work in Win2k, NT, and XP is that they were written for '98! It's that simple! So... Eeprom Tools 4.0, which is written for XP will work, as will Rolis Flasher (Without Userport) and Knok2k3, as they were also written for XP! Please make note of this!