PDA

View Full Version : 512MB MMC in v2.5!!!

loniticz
09-10-2003, 12:25 PM
i've read this post in a diffrent forum, and i quote:

"we are the on who make the 512MB MMC
www.tecic.com.tw
and I am the one using 512MB MMC on my nokia 3650 also 3300
we are the new maker from Taiwan, so if you have any question please fell free to talk to me
our TEC 128MB,256MB,512MB all have tested and passed on
NOKIA & SIMENES mobile phones
(I'm using 512MB for over 2 months)"

here's the link to that forum for other details:
http://nokia3650.net/forum/showthread.php?threadid=4399

im looking for shops that carries this MMC here in the philippines, so anybody knows one???

tzeonn
09-10-2003, 03:21 PM
omg! 512!!!!! i can store all the games and app i haf on my computer 4 symbian fones into tt card, and still haf lots of space!!!!

Angel Of Death
09-10-2003, 06:40 PM
A similar post appeaered here a while back but the website never had prices and the guy who posted never replied to questioning. Anyone know the cost?

leespud
09-10-2003, 08:01 PM
A similar post appeaered here a while back but the website never had prices and the guy who posted never replied to questioning. Anyone know the cost?

go to the forum (the link given above) there are some links on the thread to shops, the are goin for about 250euro i think

Angel Of Death
09-10-2003, 08:09 PM
Cheers, any idea how much that is in £? I dunno the conversion rate.

leespud
09-10-2003, 08:11 PM
Cheers, any idea how much that is in £? I dunno the conversion rate.

id like to know that too

sens
09-10-2003, 08:51 PM
Great. That's really awesome - I'll take one, but I'm afraid of high prices :)

10-10-2003, 02:50 AM

i've read this post in a diffrent forum, and i quote:

"we are the on who make the 512MB MMC
www.tecic.com.tw
and I am the one using 512MB MMC on my nokia 3650 also 3300
we are the new maker from Taiwan, so if you have any question please fell free to talk to me
our TEC 128MB,256MB,512MB all have tested and passed on
NOKIA & SIMENES mobile phones
(I'm using 512MB for over 2 months)"

here's the link to that forum for other details:
http://nokia3650.net/forum/showthread.php?threadid=4399

im looking for shops that carries this MMC here in the philippines, so anybody knows one???

I have actually emailed them and received a response. They dont have a distributor in the Philippines. What they suggested was buy it directly from them over the internet, USD 250 plus shipping and handling.

I opted not to buy, its way too expensive and i dont like to buy from the internet using my credit card.

If youre still looking for a high capacity MMC in the Philippines, I just purchased 256mb MMC last week from Megamall, the brand is "EagleTec". Its works great, no problems so far. It costs Php 5000. Just go to the cyberzone area and check one of the computer shops, I forgot the name of the shop.

loniticz
10-10-2003, 05:10 AM
I have actually emailed them and received a response. They dont have a distributor in the Philippines. What they suggested was buy it directly from them over the internet, USD 250 plus shipping and handling.

I opted not to buy, its way too expensive and i dont like to buy from the internet using my credit card.

If youre still looking for a high capacity MMC in the Philippines, I just purchased 256mb MMC last week from Megamall, the brand is "EagleTec". Its works great, no problems so far. It costs Php 5000. Just go to the cyberzone area and check one of the computer shops, I forgot the name of the shop.

whats your firmware version??
i only have 2.5

ive checked the online shop the guy (TEC's guy) gave and the store only have 512MB cards. and very expensive so i emailed them to ask if they will have 256MB cards and how much but i havent recv any replies from them... too bad...

10-10-2003, 01:11 PM
Sorry i forgot to mention previously, i have version 3.16. And also the USD 250 i mentioned above was for a 512mb MMC.

About your version 2.5, you can have it upgraded to version 3.13 at any nokia service center for free. I have upgraded my wife's phone just last week and have received it after 3 days. It's working great. She now also has a 256mb MMC.

loniticz
13-10-2003, 06:43 AM
Sorry i forgot to mention previously, i have version 3.16. And also the USD 250 i mentioned above was for a 512mb MMC.

About your version 2.5, you can have it upgraded to version 3.13 at any nokia service center for free. I have upgraded my wife's phone just last week and have received it after 3 days. It's working great. She now also has a 256mb MMC.

i bought my 3650 last May at greenhills, do i just need to present may receipt and the nokia warranty card to ANY nokia service center to have it upgraded? or do i have to pay already for it cause its from greenhills?
can you enlighten me on this? hehehe...

fnvillafuerte
13-10-2003, 09:46 AM
loniticz;

If the 3650 unit you purchased was "smuggled" in the Phils, that unit is not warranted by Nokia, so you have to pay for all services. But you can ask Nokia Care to upgrade the firmware if you pay 880 pesos (approx $16), thereafter you will be given 3-months warranty on firmware to upgrade again for free if a higher version become available within the 3 months warranty. Nokia Care will know if you bought a smuggled unit based on the IMEI. If you want to economize, there are shops in Greenhills that can do 3650 firmware upgrade for only 300-500 pesos (approx $5-$9), the choice is yours...

loniticz
13-10-2003, 10:10 AM
thanks man!!!

one more question, how long have you been using your 3650 with the 3.xx firmware? is it really stable? coz i've read somewhere that they say 2.5 is far better than 3.xx. i just dont know if they're from the phil, or if really matters....

fnvillafuerte
13-10-2003, 11:07 AM
I am with 2.5 for some time now and no plan to go 3.16. So far, 2.5 is good and stable for me even I heavily use so many "cracked" applications, even watch full movies in it. I heard some negatives on 3.16 but I did'nt actually tried it, now why I take chances? I'd rather wait for 4.xx or 5.xx version just to be safe...

loniticz
13-10-2003, 01:59 PM
I am with 2.5 for some time now and no plan to go 3.16. So far, 2.5 is good and stable for me even I heavily use so many "cracked" applications, even watch full movies in it. I heard some negatives on 3.16 but I did'nt actually tried it, now why I take chances? I'd rather wait for 4.xx or 5.xx version just to be safe...

same here, i dont have much negative things to say bout 2.5. how big is your MMC? im planning to buy a bigger one, im still with 16MB. where and how much did you pay for it?