PDA

View Full Version : N-Gage Games !!!

c.billant
10-10-2003, 04:45 PM
I've just upload some N-gage games over e-donkey, but i don't know how to make them work....

When I copy the directory of the game to mmc card, The shortcut to the game exist, I can even launch it, but 5sec later i've got a message :
'MMC corrupted' and The N-gage shuts down ...

Does somebody know something about cracking N-Gage Games ?

PLZ HELP !

Unique
10-10-2003, 06:00 PM
The games are protected so they can not *yet* be copied...

Almost like the Sony Playstation.

It will be fixed soon...

John

c.billant
10-10-2003, 06:44 PM
The games are protected so they can not *yet* be copied...

Almost like the Sony Playstation.

It will be fixed soon...

John

Yes, but i'm quite surprised that people put them for download with a text message "only for 24H use, delete after please", if they re is no way by now to use them ... :sad:

NiX_
11-10-2003, 01:18 AM
Hey are you using an n-gage or a 3650/7650?

GeeZuZz
11-10-2003, 03:36 AM
but 5sec later i've got a message :
'MMC corrupted' and The N-gage shuts down ...
PLZ HELP !

I read one place that the games was delivered on SD cards. I thought it was only MMC support, but if its true they are on SD, that may be the reason why its not working.

On SD-cards i think there is a lock switch. If you copy the files to the card and lock it, and then try to play it may work?

I have no idea, this was just a theory. I think it's wrong that the games are delivered on SD cards.. :(

grogan197
16-10-2003, 07:16 PM
You could try this idea to copy the gamecard to a MMC.

I've got an olympus camera that will only enable certain features when using olympus brand smartmedia. but I found a site with instructions of how to hack normal smartmedia cards so that they are recognised as olympus smartmedia. This might work for the N-Gage gamecard if you can find the piece of code to change.

This is the website with the olympus instructions
http://www.geocities.com/roberthaus/pan/

c.billant
17-10-2003, 11:01 AM
I don't understand you talking about SD card !!!

The Nokia phone support only MMC, it's not a question of pinout!, it's an hardware problem !

The thickness of an SD card is two times the thicknes of an MMC one, and you can put it neither in a 3650 neither in an N-gage.... :-x

sistemalimbico
18-10-2003, 07:14 PM
A friend of mine told me that is possible to play N-Gage games on 3650 opening them with Nokia SDK and then resaving for 3650...
Can anyone try it?
he is playing sonic with his 3650!

Quake3000
19-10-2003, 02:12 AM
A friend of mine told me that is possible to play N-Gage games on 3650 opening them with Nokia SDK and then resaving for 3650...
Can anyone try it?
he is playing sonic with his 3650!
lol how the hell can he play a game that need 12 mb ram to run and the 3650 have 2.75 mb ram? you can`t run n-gage games on 3650 since it have too little ram the n-gage have 12 mb ram

nolver
22-10-2003, 04:23 PM
lol how the hell can he play a game that need 12 mb ram to run and the 3650 have 2.75 mb ram? you can`t run n-gage games on 3650 since it have too little ram the n-gage have 12 mb ram

I'm a Symbian S60 developper. Well, I'm not very xperienced but I already made a few applications for 7650, 3650 and N-Gage.

I can tell you that 3650 and NGage are exactly the same hardware (except for the camera and few more details). So, by it's nature, NGage games can be executed in 3650 hardware.

7650 has no room for such huge games, and no MMC availability, so, eventhough the game would run, there is no way to install and play them in this phone (at least, of course, the n-gage game is smaller than 2 Mb, which won't be the common case)

An NGage game cannot be run directly (theoretically) in a 3650, mainly because it's copy protection. Also, NGage 'exclusive' games (and all the other Symbian application) include a piece of code that indicates wich model and version are allowed to run the game. Originally, that code points to exclusively permit the N-Gage. But it can be modified (illegally) to permit the 3650.

I don't know how the game are protected against copy, and of course, I have no idea of how this copy protection can be overriden. In my opinion, when warez releases become to appear, they will be both N-Gage and 3650 compatible.

Quake3000
23-10-2003, 03:50 AM
then you don`t now to mutch about n-gage becouse the big hardware change is the ram 12 mb for n-gage and 3 mb for 3650 download memory monitor from my-symbian.com and see for you self that the n-gage have alot more ram than the 3650 :rolleyes:

NiX_
23-10-2003, 09:30 AM
Working cracked n-gage games are out and i have tried them on my 3650 they don't work.

samtech
23-10-2003, 04:01 PM
Some off the bigger games will not work because of the ram , but certanly games like Sonic N or like Poypoy , or puzlebuble will do it with the correct crack , almost for shure , ..

Samtech

nolver
23-10-2003, 04:22 PM
then you don`t now to mutch about n-gage becouse the big hardware change is the ram 12 mb for n-gage and 3 mb for 3650 download memory monitor from my-symbian.com and see for you self that the n-gage have alot more ram than the 3650 :rolleyes:

I was totally unware of the RAM ammount difference. I thoght that base hardware was the same except for the camera and usb port.

12 Mb it's a very gentle ammount for a portable device :D Those are really good news to me.

SAJiDSSON
24-10-2003, 03:01 AM
I read one place that the games was delivered on SD cards. I thought it was only MMC support, but if its true they are on SD, that may be the reason why its not working.

On SD-cards i think there is a lock switch. If you copy the files to the card and lock it, and then try to play it may work?

I have no idea, this was just a theory. I think it's wrong that the games are delivered on SD cards.. :(

By the way, for all of you who don't know, N-gage does NOT support SD cards!!!!! I found that out after blowing £30 away on one. The card slot is too small for it and it just doesn't fit. The games are distributed on MMC cards and as far as I know, the 'lock' is software based.

So please don't make the mistake I made. I just sent an email out to Stuff magazine who had printed a review of N-gage stating it used SD cards. Have checked my manual and it only mentions MMC cards. Also, N-gage cannot use MMC cards larger than 128 MB. Thought I'd let all you guys know.

N-gage noob
24-10-2003, 05:00 PM
I have been saying this since the launch about the sd cards being too thick as i tried one.I have never tried mmc over 128 as thats what i have now but i have heard that certain 256 cards work on the 3650 so i cant see why thay wont work in the n-gage?

gee2020
29-10-2003, 09:09 PM
I have been saying this since the launch about the sd cards being too thick as i tried one.I have never tried mmc over 128 as thats what i have now but i have heard that certain 256 cards work on the 3650 so i cant see why thay wont work in the n-gage?

yeah theres another post in the other forum about 512 and 256 mmc working with pictures in the n-gage.

N-gage noob
29-10-2003, 09:29 PM
superb!thats good to know mate

groove kat
01-11-2003, 04:54 AM
guys don't fly over the manual, read it - what it says in short terms: all functions of the phone will work fine with cards up to 512MB, only mp3 RECORDING via line in ( direct encoding ) will work with a maximum mmc size of 128MB

gee2020
03-11-2003, 08:55 AM
guys don't fly over the manual, read it - what it says in short terms: all functions of the phone will work fine with cards up to 512MB, only mp3 RECORDING via line in ( direct encoding ) will work with a maximum mmc size of 128MB

umm what page does it say about the 512Mb cards working fine?? I cant seem to find it. All i see in my manual is on page 33 its says Note -> music can only be played from a 32mb 64mb or 128mb MC. I rekon somone should try a 256 or 512MMC and if it comes up with an error, tell us what it says otherwise it probably just wont open music player, if nokia says it cant work.

dj hypertrance
18-02-2006, 09:59 AM
nokai ngage`s camn support 1gb mmc cards, and the games are mmc card to thay are printed on the covers

dj hypertrance
18-02-2006, 10:03 AM
umm what page does it say about the 512Mb cards working fine?? I cant seem to find it. All i see in my manual is on page 33 its says Note -> music can only be played from a 32mb 64mb or 128mb MC. I rekon somone should try a 256 or 512MMC and if it comes up with an error, tell us what it says otherwise it probably just wont open music player, if nokia says it cant work.

mucic file have to be mp3 format but what about trying a differant vbr(veria bit rate)