PDA

View Full Version : No server Access

jvon6
10-10-2003, 07:21 PM
Hello, I have a nokia 7250 but i don't have a cable or IrDA.
However, i download the games off the net and then upload them to a site and then download them from my wap. However, With this one game, Tombraider, it keeps telling me no server access. At first i thought maybe the file was too large -63k-but i have other files that i have downloaded that are 65k. Does anyone know why this particular file is giving me problems. I have tried searching for it on wapsites but to no avail. Thanks!

Thanh
16-10-2003, 09:54 AM
Hi there :)

When you download games that way, which file do you access, the jar or the jad? I recommend you to connect via WAP direct to the jar file. As if you go to the jad, there might be a wrong download destination given in the file.
If you already go with the jars, try to upload a different version of it to your web account, maybe you got a corrupted one.....

I hope i could help.....
your Thanh

XMeTaL
16-10-2003, 01:10 PM

When you download games that way, which file do you access, the jar or the jad? I recommend you to connect via WAP direct to the jar file. As if you go to the jad, there might be a wrong download destination given in the file.
If you already go with the jars, try to upload a different version of it to your web account, maybe you got a corrupted one.....

I hope i could help.....
your Thanh
Personally i use the .jad,it only wants re-writing in notepad.

jvon6
24-10-2003, 10:20 PM
Okay, i have created the jad files, now what? I put it into the jar file and still got the same response. Also, this is with Tomb Raider. For some reason, every wap site that has this game has the same problem.

XMeTaL
24-10-2003, 10:46 PM
Okay, i have created the jad files, now what? I put it into the jar file and still got the same response. Also, this is with Tomb Raider. For some reason, every wap site that has this game has the same problem.

Have you got both .jad and .jar files uploaded to your site then ?

jvon6
25-10-2003, 01:39 AM
Have you got both .jad and .jar files uploaded to your site then ?

Just the .jar with the .jad inside. Do i need to upload both, and if so, how would that work?

XMeTaL
25-10-2003, 02:36 AM
Just the .jar with the .jad inside. Do i need to upload both, and if so, how would that work?
The .jad inside what ?You should have 2 seperate files,a .jad and a .jar.
You upload both.The reference should be to the .jad which in turn will ask for the .jar when you try to download.If you want to get this working and you can't after what i've told you,leave me your email.

Thanh
25-10-2003, 03:59 AM
Hello again....

My method works 100% without all this hassle you go thru.... man, why easy when you can have it difficult, right?

Forget about the stupid jad file. Upload your jar, then point the WAP browser to it. If the file (the actual jar) is ok and not corrupted, it will download right onto the phone and you're ready to play.

Why keep experimenting and failing with the damn jad's..???? You don't need them!

I downloaded 12 games onto my 6610 (4 of which i deleted later because of no memory) and 31 games onto my boyfriends 7250, all by uploading the jar's to my web account (jad's too, for that matter) and then getting the JAR's by WAP.... it worked with every single game, no problem with any.

But no need to listen to me or try at least....... if you want to keep wasting time on creating jad's and messing your jar's... go on :)

Kind regards....
Thanh

jvon6
25-10-2003, 07:18 PM
Okay, here is the deal. I made the .jad file, and it worked fine with my 8395 (except i couldn't see most of the game on the screen), however, when i switched back to my 7250(my primary phone) it said "no server access" for the game and said file format unknown for the .jad file Urggghh! :-o

Well, i don't know what to do.

[email protected]

XMeTaL
25-10-2003, 09:15 PM
Okay, here is the deal. I made the .jad file, and it worked fine with my 8395 (except i couldn't see most of the game on the screen), however, when i switched back to my 7250(my primary phone) it said "no server access" for the game and said file format unknown for the .jad file Urggghh! :-o

Well, i don't know what to do.

[email protected]
OK.Unzip attached file and load to your website.

jvon6
26-10-2003, 12:53 AM
OK.Unzip attached file and load to your website.

loaded it. Now what? For some reason it says file format unknown

Also, i use tripod, and from doing some searching, it seems that some files format, especially the .htac file, don't work.

XMeTaL
26-10-2003, 02:34 AM
loaded it. Now what? For some reason it says file format unknown

Also, i use tripod, and from doing some searching, it seems that some files format, especially the .htac file, don't work.
Yep,think you're right on that.Get free webspace with someone else who does accept it.

Thanh
27-10-2003, 04:50 AM
Hello :)

Ok you HAVE to go the difficult way. I accept.

Go to http://thanhwap.tripod.com which is my own poor website. I have ther tons of wallpapers and several ringtones. You may see a tab which says "JAVA games". Clicking there transports you to a site which gives you the reasons why i currently NOT have any JAVA games available.

What that page does not say, is that they are still all there and only i know how to get them by WAP, yes, it is still possible.

As you can see my URL, it is a Tripod one. I never needed a htaccess file since Tripod naturally supports jar files, and for that matter, jad files as well. I have around 80 jars and the same amount of jad's in my free Tripod account.

Whatever game i downloaded (and other people too, for that matter, since i got that available for quite a while before i decided to shut it down) i linked directly to the jar file. Not actually i did that, but i told people on the original "games" page how to download them, that is, pointing their WAP browsers to the JAR files. And i received plenty e-mail thanking me for the "great games".... so what, does it work with Tripod or have hundreds of people including myself been wrong all the time?????

It isd true that Tripod will not accept a htaccess file. But you won't need one since they accept jar, jad, mid, jpg, gif, bmp.... and what else do you want to load on your phone?
Well do me a favour. Send me your game, if possible zipped, by e-mai. The adress is [email protected] (to moderators, this is NOT a "send-me-to post" since i try to help the guy and i have no interest in that game myself) and i will upload the jar to my web account at Tripod, and will test download it by MY method to my boyfriend's 7250. If it works, i will give you the download URL, if it not works and i run into trouble, i will let you know as well.

But do yourself a favour, too, and stop wasting time and efforts with those jad files..............

Kind regards.....
your Thanh

Thanh
28-10-2003, 08:59 AM
Hello again.

First of all, thank you for the mail. I extracted both files from the zip, and tested the JAR with my 7210-simulator (Nokia SDK thingy). It worked.

I then uploaded both files to my Tripod account. And i sent a SMS to my boyfriend at his office, he got a 7250. He just downloaded the game VERY SUCCESSFULLY by WAP and called me to tell me it WORKS GREAT.

So stop fiddling with the JAD and get your phone handy.

Fire up your WAP and punch in the following adress:

http://thanhwap.tripod.com/games/tombraider.jar

all lowercase! Don't forget extension .jar, that is important. FORGET THE JAD. The phone will access the jar file, which takes maybe 15 or 20 seconds. It then will display the game's name and size, and offers "dwnload". Confirm, and it will install, most likely under "applications". (Didn't ask my boyfriend where it went, but since he said it is a nice game, it is definitely installed and working!) Then exit WAP and play it.

And once and for all, if you upload games to Tripod accounts, get 'em by the JAR's.

Make sure you got enough free memory! The file is 65 kb.

Please post results here. And hurry, i won't host that game for ever since i am not sure of it's status (Freeware? Demo? Pirated???)

Kindest regards......

anti-jad Thanh

jvon6
28-10-2003, 11:18 PM
thanks for all your hard work Thanh, but unfortunately i have come to the conclusion that i have a faulty nokia 7250, because it still says "no server access." I guess i will never be able to enjoy Lauara in her new 2D state, but oh well.

Thank you all for your help and comments
:D

Thanh
29-10-2003, 05:12 AM
Hello again :)

I have a confirmed second download of that game, to a 6610, which also worked. The game installs in "Applications", i played it myself yesterday on my boyfriend's 7250, i'm not shitting you here.

What country are you in, my friend?

I have two friends in Vietnam who both having trouble downloading ringtones from my website, they say it "comes up with request for user name and password". There is no such thing on my site either.

I guess that some networks have restricted their WAP connection. In a way that users can not download certain stuff, either "pirated" stuff, or ANY stuff from sites not belonging to a certain provider. In my case, i can, for example, yet only access WAP within my provider's own network, since they yet did not receive a license to connect with other networks such as the WWW.

Do me a favour.

Try (just for a test) to download the following files off my site:

Wallpaper:
http://thanhwap.tripod.com/gallery/andy.jpg

Ringtone:
http://thanhwap.tripod.com/tones/acceleration.mid

Game:
http://thanhwap.tripod.com/games/RedBlue.jar (attention! Capital R and B!)

These three files are confirmed working on my ex-6610 and my boyfriend's 7250. Before you try, go with your computer to the main page http://thanhwap.tripod.com to check if the site is up, i JUST found out that it exceeded it's bandwidth limit (seems 100's have downloaded your freakin' Tomb Raider...) If you have trouble with any of those three files (i.e. "No Server Access") it is your service provider, DEFINITELY.

To the piracy watch:
The file "andy.jpg" is a picture of my boyfriend, taken by myself and resized to 128x128, it serves as wallpaper on my boyfriend's 7250.
The file "acceleration.mid" is a polyphonic ringtone, creator Nokia, and supplied out-of-the-box with ASIAN 7250's.
The file "RedBlue.jar" is a game, "Red & Blue", similar to "opposite" on a 8250. It too is original Nokia and was supplied as a free download for 7250 users from Nokia's WAP site "Software Market" pre-set bookmark in my boyfriend's 7250.

No pirated stuff here!!

If you can download each of the files without trouble, then your provider eventually has somehow blocked the game "Tomb Raider" which is sure possible (OMA forward lock). They may do that to curb piracy.
My recommendation in that case is: Put it (JAR and JAD) on a floppy disk and go to some phone shop (not Nokia, something private like the stalls in MBK here) and ask with a smile if they could put it on your 7250. When they offer services like flashing or unlocking, they will have data cables and sure also MobiMB or any other software capable of uploading it for you. It might cost you a dollar or five, but you have the game and can play it. And i can tell you it IS a nice game really! :)

Please post results on the three file tests. Thank you :)

Kind regards.....
your Thanh

jvon6
29-10-2003, 09:22 AM
Thank you for all your help. But unfortunately, i still can't download the game. I live in the states, Florida in particular. The part of Florida where i stay has very little knowledge of Telecommunications technology. The 7250 isn't even really carried by most SP's here, so if i go to a nokia cust center (which, btw, there are non in my city. and the nearest is 2-4 hours away) they really wouldn't have the flash files or anything like that. Now here is the WEIRD thing.

I can't download the ENGLISH version of tombraider to my 7250 or 3595. However, i can download the German version to my 3595, but not my 7250? Does that make any since :-? Oh well. You can go ahead and remove the program Thanh, and thanks for all your help (as i am sure many are also grateful.) It was much appreciated and welcomed. Also, i will look into the cable issue for you, because i think its a shame that you can't get a cable because Nokia didn't send any your way. :evil:

Thanh
29-10-2003, 09:32 AM
Hello again :)

I would be glad if you could catch me on either yahoo messenger or MSN. I have added you but you're offline. I'm boy_thanh in yahoo.

Did you try downloading the other three files i gave you the links for? Did they work or also not?

About the Nokia 3595, that is a series-30 phone. The games for that phone are different from those for series-40 (which the 7250 is a member of). You may eventually be able to download and even open it, but it will be no fun since the screens are of different resolution.

When i said "Phone shop" i did mean not Nokia :) Nokia service centre won't do it for you. Haven't you got any phone shop there? Most likely one that sells second hand mobile phones, or does repaiurs. These have usually got the required cables and software.

About that cable issue, Nokia ships it in the meantime but it is off limits for me, money wise. I am unable to afford one, i now wish to build one myself and hope that someone has got a schematic for it. already posted a seperate thread regarding that matter.

Please do test the three files i gave you above, and let me know what happens when you download.

Kind regards
your Thanh

jvon6
29-10-2003, 08:56 PM
oh, we have service centers here, but they don't have a clue about the 7250. There is only one here offered by my service provider, T-mobile, and they have no clue as to what the 7250 is. Trust me, I know from experience. This is a very limited town. As for the files, they all downloaded okay. Also, the only other provider that offers phones even remotely similar to the 7250 (series 40) is AT&T, and they have no GSM service in my area, meaning no shops. In America, the phone shops are really stingy when it comes to sharing with other providers phones' (or maybe it is just in my area :-? ) But I downloaded all 3 of the files with no problem, so i guess T-Mobile has somehow blocked Tombraider for the 7250 (but it plays on the 3595, granted I can't see much :lol: ) Oh well, i guess i will have to cop out and bye the cable :evil: But again, thanks for all your help Thanh. And of course, XMetal and the rest of fellas here.

cybohemia
04-11-2003, 04:16 AM
Hi, folks. As a test, I'm trying to upload a sample "Hello world" app onto a Nokia I'm thinking of buying (I'm looking at the 6200). I've uploaded both the jad and jar files to my server and the server seems to be acting okay, in so far as I am able to download the app (via the jad file) onto my Motorola t720.

But when I tried to upload it onto the nokia 6200, I got an "format unknown" error and I get the same error with both the .jad and the .jar files.

What I'm hoping to ask is if anyone out there can upload the app onto their phone or, conversely, point me to a small sample app (with source) that does work and I can upload it to my server to test it.

The files can be found on the server at www.cybohemia.com/test

Thanks for any help!

Hello :)

Ok you HAVE to go the difficult way. I accept.

Go to http://thanhwap.tripod.com which is my own poor website. I have ther tons of wallpapers and several ringtones. You may see a tab which says "JAVA games". Clicking there transports you to a site which gives you the reasons why i currently NOT have any JAVA games available.

What that page does not say, is that they are still all there and only i know how to get them by WAP, yes, it is still possible.

As you can see my URL, it is a Tripod one. I never needed a htaccess file since Tripod naturally supports jar files, and for that matter, jad files as well. I have around 80 jars and the same amount of jad's in my free Tripod account.

Whatever game i downloaded (and other people too, for that matter, since i got that available for quite a while before i decided to shut it down) i linked directly to the jar file. Not actually i did that, but i told people on the original "games" page how to download them, that is, pointing their WAP browsers to the JAR files. And i received plenty e-mail thanking me for the "great games".... so what, does it work with Tripod or have hundreds of people including myself been wrong all the time?????

It isd true that Tripod will not accept a htaccess file. But you won't need one since they accept jar, jad, mid, jpg, gif, bmp.... and what else do you want to load on your phone?
Well do me a favour. Send me your game, if possible zipped, by e-mai. The adress is [email protected] (to moderators, this is NOT a "send-me-to post" since i try to help the guy and i have no interest in that game myself) and i will upload the jar to my web account at Tripod, and will test download it by MY method to my boyfriend's 7250. If it works, i will give you the download URL, if it not works and i run into trouble, i will let you know as well.

But do yourself a favour, too, and stop wasting time and efforts with those jad files..............

Kind regards.....
your Thanh

Thanh
04-11-2003, 05:36 AM

At the mom,ent i can't gert hold of my boyfriend, he's in meeting all day..... but i downloaded both your jad and jar to my PC and run them in the Nokia 7210 simulator (that SDK thingy). They both work fine with it, and since they do work there, they also should work in a "real phone".
It only displays "Hi there!" right? If so, then it works :)

Kind regards.....
Thanh

cybohemia
05-11-2003, 06:11 AM
Hi - thanks for trying the download. Yeah, it just says "Hi there!" I tried it on a Nokia 6200 and it said "Response Unknown" for both files. I don't know why. The jad works okay on my Motorola T720. If you get a chance to, I'd be interested to see if you are able to get it on a "real phone" cuz I've seen differences between my T720 and the emulator. Thanks!

At the mom,ent i can't gert hold of my boyfriend, he's in meeting all day..... but i downloaded both your jad and jar to my PC and run them in the Nokia 7210 simulator (that SDK thingy). They both work fine with it, and since they do work there, they also should work in a "real phone".
It only displays "Hi there!" right? If so, then it works :)

Kind regards.....
Thanh

Thanh
05-11-2003, 09:22 AM
Hi :)

I have a confirmed "real-phone-download" of "HelloWorld.jar" to a 7250, happened yesterday evening 21.40 my time (Bangkok). I uploaded both your files to my own web account, and test downloaded it to my boyfriend's 7250. It said "Hi There!" I never bother with jad files.......

Now, try with your 6200 to get the file(s) from my location:

http://thanhwap.tripod.com/games/HelloWorld.jar
http://thanhwap.tripod.com/games/HelloWorld.jad

If it works, you need to re-configure your web server or use a htaccess file. Or, easier, get a free Tripod account :)

If it does NOT work.... dodgy 6200 or dodgy WAP.

Kind regards....
your Thanh

cybohemia
07-11-2003, 03:29 AM
Hi - thanks for trying the download on a "real phone". I tried your URL and it worked on the Nokia 6200 but I'm not sure what the difference is on my servers. I've actually put the files on two different servers (both Linux) and neither one of them worked on the Nokia - yours is the only one that worked. Interestingly enough, one of my servers worked on the Motorola T720 but yours didn't! This is getting a bit confusing...Do you know your htaccess settings? Thanks again!

Hi :)

I have a confirmed "real-phone-download" of "HelloWorld.jar" to a 7250, happened yesterday evening 21.40 my time (Bangkok). I uploaded both your files to my own web account, and test downloaded it to my boyfriend's 7250. It said "Hi There!" I never bother with jad files.......

Now, try with your 6200 to get the file(s) from my location:

http://thanhwap.tripod.com/games/HelloWorld.jar
http://thanhwap.tripod.com/games/HelloWorld.jad

If it works, you need to re-configure your web server or use a htaccess file. Or, easier, get a free Tripod account :)

If it does NOT work.... dodgy 6200 or dodgy WAP.

Kind regards....
your Thanh

Thanh
07-11-2003, 06:12 AM
Hi There :)

Unfortunately i have no clue of this whole htaccess thing... i only know that some sort of content on some sort of servers requires the use of such a file, and that most free web accounts will not accept such a file.

However Tripod accepts the jar, jad, mid etc which are used for Nokia phones.... and it should thus weork for a Motorola as well, if it can download ordinary jar or jad files... maybe it is depending on the WAP settings or the network provider? See above... the guy could not access the game from my Tripod account, where i could indeed without any trouble.

Kind regards...
your Thanh