PDA

View Full Version : Best games?

KrAzY3
15-10-2003, 09:37 PM
I recently picked up a N-Gage and I'm very happy with it. To be honest, it's my first "smart phone" and I didn't even know what the Series 60 phones were when I got it.

However, while I'm waiting for more games to come out on MMC I'm looking into Java and Symbian games. Anyone have recommendations?

KrAzY3
15-10-2003, 09:41 PM
It occurs to me that it might have been better to put this in the game reviews section. Sorry, if it needs to be moved...

Quake3000
15-10-2003, 09:56 PM
Hey you are a newbie what should we expect? :-P just kidding my favorite symbian game is (metal bluster,doom,xwakeboarding,bounce,mgs karting,mgs cobra attack and ofcourse terra force) and for java games some of my favorite is (rayman3,splinter cell,bombjack,the jackass s60 game,dragon island,itanx,jungle commando,siberian strike 1-2,new skool skater,prince of persia and alot more) hope this help you :D

KrAzY3
16-10-2003, 01:32 AM
Hey you are a newbie what should we expect? :-P just kidding my favorite symbian game is (metal bluster,doom,xwakeboarding,bounce,mgs karting,mgs cobra attack and ofcourse terra force) and for java games some of my favorite is (rayman3,splinter cell,bombjack,the jackass s60 game,dragon island,itanx,jungle commando,siberian strike 1-2,new skool skater,prince of persia and alot more) hope this help you :D

Thanks for the recommendations!
I was able to try out Metal Bluster and MGS Karting. They are very nice games, I'm suprised at what I've been missing out on they seem to be GBA quality.

Quake3000
16-10-2003, 04:24 AM
yepp i now the symbian games rocks :) you should try xwakeboarding i will call it almost playstation grapich 8-)

tzeonn
16-10-2003, 05:05 AM
well, i love geopad, botstorm, dopewars, space impact, overdrive. mtv jackass is fun too, and i play a bit of mahjong and big 2 garden.

Angel Of Death
16-10-2003, 09:14 AM
Interstellar flames.

NiX_
16-10-2003, 11:55 AM
I have to agree with Quake3000 and add 180 darts, diesel minigolf, Tennis Maniac, Tennis Addict, Marcel Desailly Pro Soccer and Ferrari Monte Carlo.

KrAzY3
16-10-2003, 11:09 PM
I was able to try out xwakeboarding, as well. Very nice... a little hard to get around the menu since the characters didn't show up and the ones that did were in what appeared to be a asian language (my knowledge ends there).

Very fun though, I was suprised by the level of gameplay it and and the graphics. Great recommendation!

By the way, does anyone know how to install the Java games through the USB connection or is that possible? I don't have a Bluetooth connection for my PC yet, and for what ever reason the PC Suit doesn't seem to be able to use the USB connection.

grogan197
17-10-2003, 02:34 AM
Does anyone know where i can get a copy of xwakeboarding from? I have tried looking on google and yahoo groups but cant't find it anywhere

damdx
17-10-2003, 11:42 AM
By the way, does anyone know how to install the Java games through the USB connection or is that possible? I don't have a Bluetooth connection for my PC yet, and for what ever reason the PC Suit doesn't seem to be able to use the USB connection.

Copy the .jar files (if you have it as .zip or .jar.zip rename it to .jar) to your phone mmc (the way you would copy any mp3).. Ideally create a folder called apps.

Then go to the Apps part in the phone and install it.. It should work..

Hope that helps

By the way great selection on your first symbian phone.. With its mp3 and fm quality.. the lack of the camera is no biggie.. for the price nokia is offerin at..

KrAzY3
17-10-2003, 05:49 PM
Copy the .jar files (if you have it as .zip or .jar.zip rename it to .jar) to your phone mmc (the way you would copy any mp3).. Ideally create a folder called apps.

Then go to the Apps part in the phone and install it.. It should work..

Hope that helps

By the way great selection on your first symbian phone.. With its mp3 and fm quality.. the lack of the camera is no biggie.. for the price nokia is offerin at..

Well, I allready have a nice digital camera so it was no great loss. I keep trying to tell people that it has a LOT to offer for that price. Sad that I, with my limited knowledge seem to grasp that and others don't (us Americans just don't get it haha).

And thanks for the information, I'll try that out.

KrAzY3
17-10-2003, 08:29 PM
Hmm....
It refuses to acknowledge that the .jar files are there.
The .sis files are a breeze, just put them on there and use the manager to install them. No problem.

However, the apps. application refuses to "see" that the .jar files are there. Apparently it only recognized stuff send as a message and without Bluetooth I don't think I can message them to myself.

I've moved the .jar files all around the MMC card and it always says that there are no applications to install. No idea why they have to be sent as messages but this is annoying. Perhaps it's partially due to my lack of knowledge, but why do they make installing these so much harder than the .sis stuff?

samtech
17-10-2003, 09:06 PM
It's very easy to install them , realy , you just have to get a fileexplorer program , just get FExplorer (the best file explorer) that it's freeeware from http://users.skynet.be/domi/fexplorer.htm , then go to the folder on your MMC where you have the aplications with the program , you should nor see the .jar files , select it and open it , and there you go ;-)

Samtech

KrAzY3
17-10-2003, 09:33 PM
It's very easy to install them , realy , you just have to get a fileexplorer program , just get FExplorer (the best file explorer) that it's freeeware from http://users.skynet.be/domi/fexplorer.htm , then go to the folder on your MMC where you have the aplications with the program , you should nor see the .jar files , select it and open it , and there you go ;-)

Samtech

Thanks a lot for putting up with a newbie. Installed my first Java game, not to install more heh...

samtech
18-10-2003, 02:33 AM
No need to thank ;-)

I also was a noob sometime ago , and then i also liked people to help me , so i like to do the same to everyone ;-)

If you have any doubt , feel freee to ask , we will try to do our best :D

Samtech

KrAzY3
18-10-2003, 04:15 AM
Well, I am greatfull. And as I type this I am passing the information onto someone else that was having the same problem. So I'm sure we're greatfull.

Quake3000
18-10-2003, 06:44 AM
Does anyone know where i can get a copy of xwakeboarding from? I have tried looking on google and yahoo groups but cant't find it anywhere
it are on my homesite www.quake3000.tk 8-)

grogan197
18-10-2003, 04:40 PM
Thanks for the link. The graphics in the game r great

KrAzY3
18-10-2003, 10:51 PM
By the way...

I made a screenshots page:
http://n-gage.rydas.com or http://www.rydas.com/n-gage

It's just a few screenshots of Java and Symbian games taking with my N-Gage. But it might give some people a idea of what they look like. I might add more later and do a HTML page for it, but for now I just turned index viewing on.

Zephiroth
21-10-2003, 10:02 PM
Try "Das schwarze Auge" or if ya aint talkin german "The Dark Eye" (Think theres an english ver)

KrAzY3
21-10-2003, 11:26 PM
I'll keep a eye out for that. If I only find a german version I'll make my wife translate, heh...

Zephiroth
21-10-2003, 11:30 PM
Shes gonna kill ya....its a text based adventure...

yuppo
22-10-2003, 09:27 AM
If you like text adventures you should try the paper menace and black hole, paper menace is especially great. I'm stuck on it though :sad:

KrAzY3
22-10-2003, 02:12 PM
Shes gonna kill ya....its a text based adventure...

Nah, I think I have her enternal gratitude for getting the N-Gage Tomb Raider game for her (she isn't much for finding stuff online)...

And a few people have suggested those games Yuppo. I will definately check them out. I'm patient....usually...

coronaboy12000
13-11-2004, 09:29 PM
:razz: be patient

Neophyte88
14-11-2004, 05:36 AM
Paper menace is especially great. I'm stuck on it though :sad:

Yeah i've got it installed for a few months now, can't seem to get past that bank/fishing part... any ideas?

yuppo
14-11-2004, 02:07 PM
Yeah i've got it installed for a few months now, can't seem to get past that bank/fishing part... any ideas?

This thread is way over a year old, it's probably been just as long since I played the game, can't remember very much about it, sorry.