PDA

View Full Version : 8210 signal loss

dogs
04-08-2002, 12:40 AM
Hi errrm I dont no if tthis is right or not. so here goes. I have 8210 and the signal keeps fading in and out. Can anyone help me. oh im quite new to all this so you will be dealing with an idiot

Thanx alot :)

Sam_digital
05-08-2002, 03:13 PM
signal fading in and out ? not the screen right ?

Sam_digital

dogs
06-08-2002, 04:17 PM
Yeah the signal just drops out after a minute or so and then I have to mess about with the phone to get it back. Have tried locking it to home network and it doesnt work. I dont know the code to restore the factory settings either. Ive heard that might help.

Thanx alot

dogs

Sam_digital
08-08-2002, 11:51 AM
if u havent flashed this phone , then i think its hardware fault , first thing id do is reflow the vctcxo chip , when looking at the pcb board with all the components (not keypad side ) , about halfway down the pcb board to the right is a small chip silver with 4 points soldered to the board, this is the vctcxo chip , this is mainly rx side . this is very common on 8210's .

start there ..

Sam

dogs
08-08-2002, 07:13 PM
Thanks Sam, Im not 100% sure that the phone has not been flashed and I havent got the cable to check so Ill go with the hardware fault. When you say reflow what do you mean? I know I know dumb arse. But you gotta start somewhere right.

Thanx again

Dogs

raguanlao
19-08-2002, 04:24 PM
be sure that your antenna contact is connected to your board. remove your housing and yopu can see it there. If not.... men you have alot work to do.....reheat RF , antenna switch, 26 meg, etc or even cahnge them....