PDA

View Full Version : n-gage copy - how it might work

groove kat
20-10-2003, 03:48 AM
yo brotherz and sistaz

to copy an n-gage game you'd probably have to create an image of the actual mmc card. some mmc readers come with software that create backups of the card - i don't know if this works by just copying it or if it actually creates an image. i don't have a mmc reader with appropriate software, but maybe some of you guys do and want to try this.

next possibility: nokia phone manager.
to try this idea, you'd have to have an original n-gage game and a blank mmc. backup the compltete phone data with the original game card inserted and restore it after inserting the blank card. also here: i don't have a blank mmc ready to try this, but let us know if it works.

stay phunky
groove kat

KrAzY3
20-10-2003, 04:32 AM
yo brotherz and sistaz

to copy an n-gage game you'd probably have to create an image of the actual mmc card. some mmc readers come with software that create backups of the card - i don't know if this works by just copying it or if it actually creates an image. i don't have a mmc reader with appropriate software, but maybe some of you guys do and want to try this.

next possibility: nokia phone manager.
to try this idea, you'd have to have an original n-gage game and a blank mmc. backup the compltete phone data with the original game card inserted and restore it after inserting the blank card. also here: i don't have a blank mmc ready to try this, but let us know if it works.

stay phunky
groove kat

I'm not so sure about all that. I do know that the cracked version requires none of that. You just put the files on there. I can put what ever else I want on the card to and it works fine.

groove kat
20-10-2003, 04:47 AM
I'm not so sure about all that. I do know that the cracked version requires none of that. You just put the files on there. I can put what ever else I want on the card to and it works fine.

i got pandemonium and sonic-n via kazaa and just copied all the files on the nokia game card - sonc didn't work at all.
pandemonium started but after chosing start game it just said my mmc is corrupt and the n-gage shut down. would i need a blank card? how did u get it to work?

thx for your info

nolver
22-10-2003, 12:03 PM
i got pandemonium and sonic-n via kazaa and just copied all the files on the nokia game card - sonc didn't work at all.
pandemonium started but after chosing start game it just said my mmc is corrupt and the n-gage shut down. would i need a blank card? how did u get it to work?

thx for your info

I've tested a version of Tomb Raider that did work. The Kazaa games seem to be pure dumps of original MMCs. The game I ran probably had some mod/hacking that made it work.

Maybe we'd had to wait to somebody to hack these dumps.

groove kat
22-10-2003, 07:37 PM
I've tested a version of Tomb Raider that did work. The Kazaa games seem to be pure dumps of original MMCs. The game I ran probably had some mod/hacking that made it work.

Maybe we'd had to wait to somebody to hack these dumps.

that's my thought as well. i don't feel the need to try TR cracked since i have the original. but anyway all the game hacks'n'cracks will be out sometime ( if u want or not :lol: ). be assured about that :-)

stay phunky
kat

coronaboy12000
09-02-2005, 04:55 PM
yep :D thats right

beyond2005
11-02-2005, 08:57 PM
why bring up this pointless thread from 2003?