PDA

View Full Version : 8210 problem. HELP PLEASE!!

Smoove
05-08-2002, 12:39 AM
Hi everyone.
my biggest problem is that my phone hangs up after 30-50 sec ..sometimes even atfer a minute of standing-by..
and after that..the period of standing-by is getting shorter until the phone won't turn on!!Also...i had no signal or poor signal when i am outside.

I took it to a repairing service..and the guy tryed to do a full flash, but when it got to 50% there was an error..and after that he coulnd flash it anymore.(He said it is because of the hanging up problem)

Somebody told me it might me from the CCont..but the guy from ther service had soldered it ..

Have no ideea why is my phone hangging up..please Help me.

Thanx Alot!!

Sam_digital
05-08-2002, 03:10 PM
do u mean the phone freezes up?

and u cant turn it off , u have to take the battery out ?

if so this phone is freezing up , can be a software fault or hardware ,
if software , do full flash and reset to factory defaults .

if its hardware can be the Mad and Flash ram , if their glued then usually stuffed , however some guys have been experimenting on changing glued mads or flashrams .

maybe they can comment here on that .

Sam_digital

Smoove
05-08-2002, 09:43 PM
I mean that the phone is going off after a short period of time..
and after that ...when i turn it back on it goes off again but in shorter time...
Yeah..WTC told me it might be the MAD too
I'll try to change it tomorow ...Hope it will solve my problem

Smoove
11-08-2002, 11:17 PM
hey I couldn't change the Mad cause it's glued.
Instead i've changed the Ccont..and now it doesn't go off anymore!! except when I'm dialing a call...but not every time
And Still no signal.

I have opened the phone....and noticed that my antenna switch is kinda coloured(burned like) ..but the guy from the repair shop told me that its not that...causing my problem. what do you think?

Sam_digital
12-08-2002, 04:11 PM
if the phone is turning off when u make a call , it could be tx power related , id change the antenna switch and PA.

Sam_digital