PDA

View Full Version : DCT3 Unlocking

pig
25-10-2003, 01:34 PM
Hi i have now stopped the unlocking for free sorry :(

We sell the Multi unlocking dongles ect, ( they are cheap )

we also charge only £5.00 to unlock your phone, its not much to pay
to have your phone unlocked is it....

www.gsmunlocking.thezone.dk
[email protected]

we are based in the uk :)

SmOg
25-10-2003, 02:56 PM
No, plz do not do this with us! :(((
If Dct2, and Dct4 is free, why Dct3 not free??? :((((

Plz dont do this.

Crux
25-10-2003, 07:42 PM
nice work you pig! ;)

rblake
25-10-2003, 11:42 PM
pig, I respect your decision and thank you for all your free work.

Any chance of one last favour? You unlocked my phone and I wondered if you'd please unlock my wife's so we can both change networks?

It's a Nokia 3330:
IMEI: 350600801794366
Net: 23433 (Orange UK)

Cheers,

R.

rblake
27-10-2003, 12:30 PM
Ah, problem.

Previously, pig, you gave me a code to unlock my DCT3 phone (a Nokia 3330 on Orange UK).

The phone accepted the code and said something like "SIM restriction lifted" or something like that - great.

At work today I put a colleague's Vodafone UK SIM card in and it didn't work!!! That same SIM worked fine in my Nokia 6310i which has been unlocked from Orange.

A problem with the algorithm?

R.

Unique
27-10-2003, 12:46 PM
All is not lost.....

Free DCT3 is only a stones throw away =)

John

rblake
27-10-2003, 01:37 PM
All is not lost.....

John

... how come?

R.

pig
27-10-2003, 03:20 PM
Sorry one unlock code per forum member ???
you can go to our home page and purchase a dongle or
an unlock code!! unlock code is ONLY £5.00 its not much is it.

pig, I respect your decision and thank you for all your free work.

Any chance of one last favour? You unlocked my phone and I wondered if you'd please unlock my wife's so we can both change networks?

It's a Nokia 3330:
IMEI: 350600801794366
Net: 23433 (Orange UK)

Cheers,

R.

pig
27-10-2003, 03:22 PM
i read many post from this JOHN but he never cotributes nothing :)

always talks talks talks.

All is not lost.....

John

pig
27-10-2003, 03:25 PM
hi, there are 4 codes to a phone, the one code you got is code 1
maybe other locks are locked, so only solution is cable for you.

and the algo is good......................

Ah, problem.

Previously, pig, you gave me a code to unlock my DCT3 phone (a Nokia 3330 on Orange UK).

The phone accepted the code and said something like "SIM restriction lifted" or something like that - great.

At work today I put a colleague's Vodafone UK SIM card in and it didn't work!!! That same SIM worked fine in my Nokia 6310i which has been unlocked from Orange.

A problem with the algorithm?

R.

Unique
27-10-2003, 03:29 PM
i read many post from this JOHN but he never cotributes nothing :)

always talks talks talks.

Hmm.... who started free dct4?? Who pushed the admin to make the forum? Who was one of the first to put this up on a server for free and keep it there? =p

NOT YOU!!!!

John

rblake
27-10-2003, 03:59 PM
[QUOTE=pig]hi, there are 4 codes to a phone, the one code you got is code 1
QUOTE]

Oh, right!

So, when people pay for an unlock code and this happens - do they get a refund?

If they don't then it's not legal.

If they do, how do suppliers know they're not lying to get their money back when the code actually worked perfectly?

R.

Crux
27-10-2003, 04:03 PM
[QUOTE=pig]hi, there are 4 codes to a phone, the one code you got is code 1
QUOTE]

Oh, right!

So, when people pay for an unlock code and this happens - do they get a refund?

If they don't then it's not legal.

If they do, how do suppliers know they're not lying to get their money back when the code actually worked perfectly?

R.

it's not legal to unlock either. is it?

Crux
27-10-2003, 04:05 PM
by the way, you can always get free dct3 unlock code here:

http://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=108002

:-P

rblake
27-10-2003, 04:10 PM
it's not legal to unlock either. is it?

Who says?

Anyway, it's not really about that. I was getting at the point that paying for a code may mean you end up with nothing!

I don't want to deprive anyone of their living but one or two codes per person is not too naughty?

Yotamz
27-10-2003, 05:55 PM
about the legal thing: unlocking is 100% legal. it might void the warranty or the contract, but it is still legal.

about rblake's 3330:
UK phones have lock 1 and 2 closed. the code you entered opened lock 1, but lock 2 still locked.

rblake
27-10-2003, 06:19 PM
about the legal thing: unlocking is 100% legal. it might void the warranty or the contract, but it is still legal.

about rblake's 3330:
UK phones have lock 1 and 2 closed. the code you entered opened lock 1, but lock 2 still locked.

Oh right. Thanks Yotamz - gues I'm stuck then.

R.

rblake
27-10-2003, 07:58 PM
Oh right. Thanks Yotamz - gues I'm stuck then.

Sorry Yotamz, I meant to put that as a question.

Am I stuck or can some bright spark give me a code for lock 2 as well?

Cheers,

R.

Yotamz
27-10-2003, 10:06 PM
you are not stuck, because you can always unlock it with cable, or have someone unlock it for you.

as it is now, only code 1 is "calculatable" (don't know why.. it is just like that :-? ). however, you can get the code from your provider. they may give it to you for free if you have been their costumer for enough time, i think more than 1 year.

but don't worry, it is only a matter of time till the free version will appear, just like dct4.. it can't take too long :)

Crux
27-10-2003, 10:09 PM

about rblake's 3330:

my friend, i always thought unlocking was ilegal. can you prove it is legal?

Yotamz
27-10-2003, 10:28 PM
@Crux2002

an action is not considered illegal unless it is explicitly defined as an offence, and there is no law that i know about that forbid unlocking of mobile phone (unlike changing imei for example, which is forbidden by law).

besides that, think about it, you buy a device (mobile phone) with your money, and it becomes your property. why won't you be allowed to use another phone company? just because you bought it from a service provider and not from nokia (or another manufacturer)?

some of the providers may give you lower prices for a mobile phone, if you buy it from them and sign a contract for a time you have to be registered with them, and use their service. the phone you buy with such kind of contract will be locked of course, so you can't change simcard to another provider. if you unlock it, you somehow break the agreement you have with them. but it doesn't make it illegal.

last words: like i said before, an action is not a crime unless it is stated explicitly in the law. if you find a law against unlocking mobile phones - correct me.

Crux
27-10-2003, 10:49 PM
you are right.

if it is legal, than why not opening a busness here in my town that just unlocks mobiles? in my home....

it's a bit srtange when u think this way...

but i didnt said that its ilegal.

i just dont know

Yotamz
27-10-2003, 11:10 PM
i think you may open such business.. :)

it reminds me, when i was in england, about a year ago, i've seen a little shop that was selling various stuff, hats, watches, batteries etc, and also mobile phone prepaid simcards, and there was a sign "phone unlocking - 5 pounds". if it was illegal, i don't think he could put the sign like this, it was clearly seen, and in the middle of the street..also, there are many people who offer unlocking here in israel too.

i know it sounds strange, all this phone modifying/flashing/unlocking etc, at the beginning i thought it was illegal too. but unlocking is not.. :)

Crux
27-10-2003, 11:38 PM
i think you may open such business.. :)

it reminds me, when i was in england, about a year ago, i've seen a little shop that was selling various stuff, hats, watches, batteries etc, and also mobile phone prepaid simcards, and there was a sign "phone unlocking - 5 pounds". if it was illegal, i don't think he could put the sign like this, it was clearly seen, and in the middle of the street..also, there are many people who offer unlocking here in israel too.

i know it sounds strange, all this phone modifying/flashing/unlocking etc, at the beginning i thought it was illegal too. but unlocking is not.. :)

about modifying/flashing/unlocking its ilegal if you change by any way the software. nokia has copyrights on it.

about unlocking, if it's by cable you should be changing original software. so it would be ilegal
if u unlock it by code (keypress) that should be legal, since you dont make any mod in original software

inderinderinder
28-10-2003, 01:05 AM
Unlocking is perfectly legal under UK Law - Consumer Choice

rblake
28-10-2003, 11:46 AM
you are not stuck, because you can always unlock it with cable, or have someone unlock it for you.
but don't worry, it is only a matter of time till the free version will appear, just like dct4.. it can't take too long :)

Thanks Yotamz.

I tried to unlock them with a cable that I had from buying Logomanager(I do buy stuff sometimes!). But, would you believe it, some kind of fault developed and I can't connect to the phone. They though it was the modem grabbing the COM port but they now think its a cable fault.

I may be cursed.

R.

Yotamz
28-10-2003, 09:43 PM
@Crux2002

you are right... if you modify a phone's software you change a copyrighted software (i've never thought of that :) )

about unlocking:
if you use partial flashing, the old unlocking method when you had to flash some part of the software, you may be modifying it - and it is illegal.
but, if you unlock using a mbus cable, you simply change the lock data, that's the same thing that the providers do to lock the phone, so it can't be illegal if the providers are doing it..

unlocking with codes is of course legal..

@rblake

can you use the cable with another software?

mickey blue eye
28-10-2003, 10:36 PM
As mentioned this soloution will be free shortly, since it is available on the griffin clip, which has no protection.

Exactly the same reason so many gd55 unlock generators have appeared recently, also from the griffin clip.

rblake
29-10-2003, 11:56 AM
can you use the cable with another software?

No, I just can't get any kind of connection.

But, I tested the voltages at the pins and they give about 600mA relative to, what I presume, is the ground pin.

R.

21-12-2003, 02:18 AM
Here is my unlocker build by my self,it works fine .

I used the Phillips IC 74HCT04N (hexinverter IC).

I Have unlocked a 3310,3410,5210,8210,8250,3210,6310 and more with

NokTool by Rolis v1.8 for free.

What do you think about the unlocker ?

Nokiafree Team ,thanks for unlocking my 7650.

typiod
21-12-2003, 02:28 AM
Here is my unlocker build by my self,it works fine .

I used the Phillips IC 74HCT04N (hexinverter IC).

I Have unlocked a 3310,3410,5210,8210,8250,3210,6310 and more with

NokTool by Rolis v1.8 for free.

What do you think about the unlocker ?

Nokiafree Team ,thanks for unlocking my 7650.
very good but you can now get dct3 unlock with software only (no hardware reguired), even orange uk wich locks 1 and 2 cause i had my 3210 unlocked by www.mobyproject.co.uk

fuzion
21-12-2003, 02:58 AM
i just did an orange 5210 and an orange 3310 today for customers
both worked fine

21-12-2003, 03:24 AM
very good but you can now get dct3 unlock with software only (no hardware reguired), even orange uk wich locks 1 and 2 cause i had my 3210 unlocked by www.mobyproject.co.uk

I think there is no softwarecalulator for dct3,how can this be,

does it work ?

Send the software to me .

My Email : [email protected]

Thanks.

I am always searching for new shematics to build something new !

Salami1_1
21-12-2003, 08:49 PM
I see this thread going nowhere.. and stupid post comming...
send me send me....

thread CLOSED