PDA

View Full Version : sms settings locked into t-mobile phones?

barret55
25-10-2003, 09:52 PM
after reading many different sources, i've come to accept the conclusion that the internet settings are locked into the firmware of my nokia 6610. today, i came across something interesting. i cannot send any sms text messages. when i try to, all i get is an error message saying that the message cannot be sent now, try again later. i've found some settings in the menu that let me enter in an sms message center number, but am still not able to send a text message. are the sms settings locked into the firmware as well?

Yotamz
27-10-2003, 01:22 AM
if you can change the smsc number, and other settings i would say that they are not locked.

if you are using your provider's smsc number, and you can't send messages - ask your provider.
if you are trying to use another smsc number, that one may be blocked by your provider (so people will not send free sms).

what do you get when you try to send a message?

--edit--
also make sure that you haven't activated call barring, it blocks also sms messages.
go to settings » security settings » call barring service » cancel all barrings » enter the password. the default (at least for my operator) is 0000.

barret55
27-10-2003, 04:39 AM
if you can change the smsc number, and other settings i would say that they are not locked.

if you are using your provider's smsc number, and you can't send messages - ask your provider.
if you are trying to use another smsc number, that one may be blocked by your provider (so people will not send free sms).

what do you get when you try to send a message?

--edit--
also make sure that you haven't activated call barring, it blocks also sms messages.
go to settings » security settings » call barring service » cancel all barrings » enter the password. the default (at least for my operator) is 0000.
the message i get says something like "unable to send now, try again later." i have tried several different message center numbers (including suncom's, my current SP), and get the same message. i will check into the barring thing on my phone and report back.