PDA

View Full Version : Nokia 6610 GPRS Settings

apuonbus
25-10-2003, 10:30 PM
I have a Nokia 6610, obtained from Hongkong, but I believe it originated from T-mobile in the USA. As far as i can tell, it is sim unlocked, and works fine for almost everything, except the GPRS. When I try to send a new set of GPRS settings to the phone, it says:

"Settings memory full"
"All settings are locked. Discard settings?"

There is no function for me to get to the GPRS edit menu either. The only give away(s) is a T-mobile logo when i turn the phone on, and that the only GPRS setting is T-zones. It dials a number in the USA +1 - 913 - 2440821, which if my info is correct, is somewhere in Kansas.

I'd love to know how I can remove these restrictions, thanx.

Thanh
27-10-2003, 08:39 AM
Hello there :)

Have we been talking in IRC lately? There was someone with the exact same problem.

Please post a thread in the "DCT 4 Unlock code request" forum. Post your IMEI number (get it by pressing *#06#) and make sure you got the correct one!
Post also your network codes (T-mobile USA) or network name (well, T-Mobile, USA) and describe the problem as you did here.

The phone, although SIM-unlocked, can still be data locked. This requires a code different from the "SIM lock".

Be carefull with your IMEI since each code is calculated via the IMEI and you got only five tries to enter it, after that you will need a cable to unlock.

Good luck.....
your Thanh