PDA

View Full Version : Power Button

st69_1
28-10-2003, 12:41 PM
I had my Nokia 8310 fixed at a communications shop afew months back, the problem was that the power button wasnt connecting/faulty. Following this recently the button fell out I expect due to me using a non-nokia cover. Could anyone tell me how to repair this myself and what I need/where I would get this from. Any help much apprechiated!

lee1225
27-11-2003, 02:33 AM
I had my Nokia 8310 fixed at a communications shop afew months back, the problem was that the power button wasnt connecting/faulty. Following this recently the button fell out I expect due to me using a non-nokia cover. Could anyone tell me how to repair this myself and what I need/where I would get this from. Any help much apprechiated!

Hi mate,

This a very common problem with the 8310 when the unit is droped or a non orig Nokia x-press on cover is put on the unit.

YOU SHOULD BE EXPERIENCED AT SOLDERING TO FOLLOW THE STEPS BELOW. TO MUCH HEAT WHEN SOLDERING COULD DAMAGE THE TRACKS OR BOARD

First of all you need to open the unit, for this you will need a T6 screw driver. remove the x-press on cover and unscrew the 6 screws on the front. Lift of the LCD and you should now be looking at the mainboard. The power switch (on/off switch) is in the top right hand corner. you will now need a temp control soldering iron some good quality solder, flux and tweezers. we now need to check if the switch has pulled the circuit track off when it was pulled away from the board?

look at the area and there should be two silver contacts on the board. If you can only see one then you will have to have the board retracked.
If both tracks are ok then you can solder th new switch in place. First remove any old solder from the track using de-solder braid now flux both the pads and aply a small amount of solder to the pad, making sure the solder is flat. Now place the switch in place a touch the leg with tip of the soldering iron unitill the switch is held in place with the solder on the pad. Now add additional solder to each of the contacts to ensure the switch is firmly held in place. now repalce the Lcd and the screws, pop the batt pack in and test the phone.

If you need a switch then e-mail me at [email protected] i can send you one for £5.00 inc P+P. To replace the switch i charge £10.00 To retrack the board i charge £10.00. and to retrack and repalce the switch its £18.00 all plus return postage.

Good luck hope this helps

st69_1
27-11-2003, 03:25 PM
cheers m8!