PDA

View Full Version : date of manafacture 3510i what do i enter to get it

copy_it
30-10-2003, 01:54 AM
sure its on here somewhere but spent an age looking... what code do i enter to find the date of manafacture for a 3510i ...thanks in advance

crc_73
30-10-2003, 11:29 AM
I don't know about any code (I know there is probably one for the software version) for the date of manufacture, but I know on mine, if you take off the back cover, and look on the inside, you will see a moulded circle, with numbers 1 to 12 around the outside, and with an arrow in the centre, with another couple of numbers, one either side of the arrow.

For example, mine has "0,arrow,3", and the arrow is pointing to "3" around the outside, so I'm guessing it was manufactured (the back cover at least) in March 2003.

You will find that most moulded plastic has similar markings for indicating the date of manufacture, some even indicating the actual day as well.

Anyway, I know this isn't an exact method, because the front cover on mine, using the above convention, indicates that it (the front cover) was manufactured in May, 2003. I suppose at best it will give you a ball park date on it's manufacture.

Hope this is of (limited) help.

cprafferty
30-10-2003, 03:11 PM
the code is *#92702689#

James Watt
30-10-2003, 10:08 PM
the code is *#92702689#

Hi.

I don't wish to confuse things, but, the code just produces the IMEI Number in a different way by putting "/" in 3 places e.g. 351476/xx/xxxxxx/xx . It does not seem to bear any resemblance to the date of manufacture.

But! If you scroll down, you get:-
Made:
Purchasing date:
Repaired:
Life timer:

Hope that helps?

Regards from James Watt

P.S.
You need to turn the phone Off, then On again afterwards, to get back to normal operation.

copy_it
31-10-2003, 12:01 AM
thank you kindly for the info...sorted now

cprafferty
03-11-2003, 04:26 AM
@James Watt

ITS A BLOODY MENU!

So you were wrong again

It doesn't

the code just produces the IMEI Number

Of course I had hoped that people using the code would have half a brain cell and were able to figure out what to do for themselfs.