PDA

View Full Version : Question on Nokia ringtones

deerchaser
31-10-2003, 01:00 AM
Theres a ringtone on the 3589I that I would like to get but not sure how. The tone is Crecida I think, it is located in the tones folder of the 3595I. Is it possible for anyone to send this to me? It sounds like crickets. Thanks for your troubles.....Jerry

James Watt
31-10-2003, 01:11 AM
Theres a ringtone on the 3589I that I would like to get but not sure how. The tone is Crecida I think, it is located in the tones folder of the 3595I. Is it possible for anyone to send this to me? It sounds like crickets. Thanks for your troubles.....Jerry

Hi deerchaser.

I have a 3510i, the RingTone I use for Text Message Alerts is called "CICADA", it is an insect that inhabits most of the Mediterranean and sounds similar to crickets where they rub their legs together. Methinks that is the same one you require?

As for being able to transfer it from my phone to yours?

I have a DataCable, and use Oxygen Phone Manager II and Oxygen RingTone Workshop, perhaps there is a method of extracting it from the phone and Emailing it. I'm not sure if I can send it as an OTA (Over The Air) message.

Perhaps someone more adept at this sort of thing can help you out. I'll have a look later, and see if I can create a file of it for Emailing.

Good Luck
Regards from James Watt

deerchaser
31-10-2003, 01:16 AM
Thats the one Im looking for.

My cable should be here today or tomorrow. If you could copy it and mail it to me that would be GREAT. Im pretty sure it will play on my 3595.

I mailed Nokia but they were no help at all.

If its not too much trouble, I would really like to have that tone.

Thanks a million
Jerry