PDA

View Full Version : starting out flashing...

hedghog
07-08-2002, 02:15 PM
Could someone help me out so that I could learn to flash nokia phones?. I Have got the right cables and soft so thats no prob. I also got some flash files for different phones and versions. I have understod that I need a sa called "MCU" file and then a PPM file.But where I found the flash files MCU was only 1 file and then there was a bunch of PPM files in the same "dir".? So, what PPM to use? They are very often named like PPM-a PPM-b PPM-c and so on. Whats the differense?
Next I want to learn about the language of the phones-software. Is the language stored in MCU/PPM files so that when I flash I might get some other language than there was before flashing?

KnOeFz
07-08-2002, 05:42 PM
the different ppm packages (a, b, c etc.) are the different languages you were looking for. :D

-=K=-

hedghog
07-08-2002, 10:56 PM
But how will I know what languages are included in these "a,b,c...) files? Is it like always the same language in for example A-packs or B-backs? Or is it another way to tell what languages there is before i flash? Another question is what "virgin ee" means. What do I need a virgin ee file for ?

Manipulator
08-08-2002, 09:15 AM
Originally posted by virus2
hello

Eeprom is a part of phone memory where is stored data setings, logo, IMEI, Security code and other things.
And Virgin EEprom is no programed for your phone but it has on it all data required for your phone to work.
IMEI, security code and SP lock, product code, and other setings must to be programed for every phone.

i see some 1 have post a address the link to a site that have all the ppm info for all nokia phone but i can't find it now.so you try to look for it yourself is in this forums.

good luck.